Houzz Logo Print
ryan_fenstermaker

New Entry Door not sealing

Ryan Fenstermaker
hace 6 años

Hello Everyone, I recently installed a new Masonite fiberglass entry door on my house. Everything in in plumb and both jambs are level, but I am having an issue where both bottom corners of the door are allowing light in. It seems as if the threshold is just too wide. Is there a way I can fix this without having to trim the width of the threshold? Thicker weatherstripping possibly? Thank you for all your advice!

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 6 años

Set a 6' level/straightedge against the door to see if it's warped.

• Ryan Fenstermaker
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Good call! I didn't even think of that. I was too concerned with the new jamb that I didn't even think of that. I'll check that tomorrow and if it is warped guess I'll be calling lowes.

• millworkman
    hace 6 años

Schlagel Corner Pads are what you need. All fiberglass or steel doors need as far as I know.

Ryan Fenstermaker agradeció a millworkman
  • PRO
    Masonite
    hace 6 años

Hi Ryan, please send us a private message with your mailing address and we can send you some daylight pads to help with the sealing issue.

Ryan Fenstermaker agradeció a Masonite
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.