Houzz Logo Print
northpoint2

Craigslist-to-Collected Living Room?!

northpoint2
hace 6 años

Hi all! I need some help with my living room. Basically, everything in this room (besides the rug and lamps) are either from Craigslist or hand-me-downs from my downsizing parents. Right now, I'm planning to re-upholster the wingback chairs (taupe velvet?) but I am not necessarily married to anything else. Window treatments? Art? Burn the place down and start over? ;) Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Comentarios (1,5 k)

• User
    hace 6 años

Seajay

Nicely done....

northpoint2 agradeció a User
  • Tammy Lawhorn
    hace 6 años
    Seajaygerns that looks great!!! When are ya coming to the farm? I need some help with window treatments there when we get through. Haha. And Greenfish,, its sweater weather out the iron away!! Haha
    northpoint2 agradeció a Tammy Lawhorn
  • Tammy Lawhorn
    hace 6 años
    Sorry Put!!!
  • Linda
    hace 6 años
    Love the French doors and bay window
    northpoint2 agradeció a Linda
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

Seajaygerns...I am so sorry I thought they where panels you were suggesting for Northpointe and just could not picture them in her room....I am sure you have made them look lovely in your home with your surroundings and your special touch...so sorry please accept my apology. I just don’t usually use any textured type draperies.

northpoint2 agradeció a Home Interiors with Ease
  • Seajay Sparkles
    hace 6 años
    That’s fine HIWE. Everyone to their own taste. I will say that I normally don’t like a lot of texture but in this case the drapes are lined and hang beautifully.
    northpoint2 agradeció a Seajay Sparkles
  • northpoint2
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Select Blinds is having a sale, and it seems like they have some good options...but too many choices: https://www.selectblinds.com/bambooblinds/premier-woven-wood-shades.html 

• kjoy1
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

I like these...

Ceylon

Society Island

Jute Honey

Bamboo Shell

Obviously...these are not true to size...just gives you a idea of color

northpoint2 agradeció a kjoy1
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

The signature Shorline is your best deal...these are all wonderful and would work in your space....have listed in order as #1 my fav and so on.....

• Tammy Lawhorn
    hace 6 años
    Great job Kjoy! I like them all, least favorite is the jute one. It looks too casual for your room.
  • northpoint2 agradeció a everdebz
  • Seajay Sparkles
    hace 6 años
    Great work kjoy. Ceylon is very interesting and looks classy with good color.
  • greenfish1234
    hace 6 años

I try, folks. I try.

• User
    hace 6 años

They’re too cute greenfish2234

• greenfish1234
    hace 6 años

Thanks Claire :)

• pat1250
    hace 6 años
    Ah, yes, kitties.....they do like to be wherever you are sometimes.
    At the computer, building a puzzle, and of course when you’re watching a movie and they’re all curled up in your lap. Gotta love ‘em.
  • Seajay Sparkles
    hace 6 años
    I love Sunny and I love that you adopted a black kitty. There are so many black cats in shelters people don’t want. For shame. Why is black cat’s leg bandaged! And there we have it. The real reason the ironing board has its own room and stays up. Bless your heart!
  • greenfish1234
    hace 6 años

Hee hee they are something. I had heard that about black cats, Seajay :( they are the best. We actually have two black beauties: litter mates Zion and Moab. Zee slashed her leg somehow but it hasn't slowed her down a bit.

• shwshw
    hace 6 años
    Love your kitties Greenfish. Sounds like you also have 4!
  • kjoy1
    hace 6 años
    I am dying to know if you have received your antelope rug. Do you like it? Can we see it? :)
  • Tammy Lawhorn
    hace 6 años
    Merry Christmas Northpoint!!!
  • amy_eyeheart
    hace 6 años

Hello. I like the rug - where did you purchase and what is the material it is made of?

northpoint2 agradeció a amy_eyeheart
  • northpoint2
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Hey all! kjoy, I did get the antelope rug and it's beautiful (but SHEDDING like crazy, which is not what I need at this time of the year!!!) Merry Christmas, Tammy and everyone...when the tree and Christmas craziness are gone, I'll be ready to return to our regularly scheduled programming, and take a picture of the rug too!

Thanks amy, unfortunately I don't know where the rug is from (someone gave it to me), but I think it's wool!

• Seajay Sparkles
    hace 6 años
    Oh, goody. Looking forward to more fun than a person should be allowed to have. Happy New Year, northpoint. I hope your resolution is to make some resolutions. Heehee.
  • hheo_tokos2022
    hace 6 años

Five BILLION posts ago, Tami wrote:

"An ottoman for everyone" and I laughed out loud at her image.

• northpoint2
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Hi all! Soooooo...the chairs are GONE. You heard me! ;) Happy new year!

• shwshw
    hace 6 años

Whaaaaat!!!!

northpoint2 agradeció a shwshw
  • shwshw
    hace 6 años

How exciting

• Seajay Sparkles
    hace 6 años
    Be still my heart. Where is NP going to take us now?
  • ekasiske
    hace 6 años
    The entry into my house from the garage is small and is a hallway into 3 other rooms. Only 1 person can stand in front of entry door at a time. Others come in and step in the kitchen or middle of hallway. The real issue is where to take shoes, boots, etc. off without tracking dirt into the rooms off the hallway. To the left of the entry is my kitchen. To the right are the entry ways into the master bedroom and laundry room. Unfortunately, the bedroom is the 1st room off the hallway to the right. It is directly in front of the hall closet and it's carpeted. The dirt gets tracked directly into the bedroom no matter how often I vacuum. Any suggestions?
  • mdias591
    hace 6 años
    All your furniture pieces and rug are beautiful neutrals. Bolder pillows, art, sheepskins, plants will personalize your space and ad depth and character.
    northpoint2 agradeció a mdias591
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 6 años

That is the best news I have gotten this year!:))))

• kulrn
    hace 6 años

Need to post to continue following!

northpoint2 agradeció a kulrn
  • kjoy1
    hace 6 años

O.M.G. What’s next?

• Tammy Lawhorn
    hace 6 años
    Yay Northpoint!!! You go girl!!!
  • Kim
    hace 6 años

ekasiske, you need to start your own post. Go to the houzz homepage and hover over "Stories & Advice" at the top right. Under "Houzz Discussions" you will see a link for "Design Dilemma" which is probably how you got here. Click on the link and you will see the "Start a Discussion" bar at the top. That is where you post your question. Good luck!

• Kim
    hace 6 años

Congratulations NP on your monumental decision. ; )

Looking forward to seeing new chairs. Right?

northpoint2 agradeció a Kim
  • PRO
    J Design Group - Interior Designers Miami - Modern
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Sorry your new rug is shedding, hoping it looks good in your home.

J Design Group
    225 Malaga Ave
    Coral Gables, FL 33134
    Ph: 305-444-4611
    https://www.JDesignGroup.com

• greenfish1234
    hace 5 años

Hey northpoint!! Saw this today and thought of you! How is that room looking??

Cochrane Design Victorian Villa, Clapham · Más información

• gm_tx
    hace 5 años

Yes, would love to see an update if you have one, OP! :)

• northpoint2
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Hey guys! Wow, I can't believe anyone is still out there. :) You won't believe what happened....we had a FIRE in the house last spring, and the basement and main levels (which this room is on) were basically totaled. We can't move back home until January, BUT the good news is that 1) we didn't lose anything that can't be replaced; 2) we have an opportunity to make some changes, including enclosing the french doors to the family room. ALSO, I found some chairs at Ballard which were the same fabric I was going to use to recover the wing chairs. I got an AMAZING deal (I mean, of course, haha) and they were salvaged from the fire! I hope everyone is doing great, and I'll be back for some advice...ugh, so overwhelming but it will be great when it's all over and we're back home!

• everdebz
    hace 5 años

oh sorry that happened. It'll be a while, and then you'll be glad to get home again.

northpoint2 agradeció a everdebz
  • greenfish1234
    hace 5 años

Omg northpoint I should have known only disaster could have kept you from finishing that room!! I am so sorry and glad to hear you are safe. What caused it?? Hopefully not friction from moving furniture around :o best wishes, friend!!

northpoint2 agradeció a greenfish1234
  • Seajay Sparkles
    hace 5 años
    Hey Northpoint. Well, turning lemons into lemonade is your specialty, right? That’s terrible that you have to go through this. But happy you didn’t lose anything important. I’ve been running from hurricanes for the past couple of years so I can relate to wanting to get back home. It’s going to be fun to hook up with you again. Take care.
    northpoint2 agradeció a Seajay Sparkles
  • gm_tx
    hace 5 años

Oh wow, what an ordeal! Glad you are safe, and no one was hurt.

Thanks for the update, and looking forward to seeing how things come together once you're back home.

northpoint2 agradeció a gm_tx
  • felizlady
    hace 5 años
    Pick a patterned fabric you LOVE for the chairs or for the drapes or for the sofa. Then select a rug and paint color and coordinating fabric to work with that fabric. Or start with a patterned rug and move on from there. Your sitting room is charming, but a bit pale. If pale is your "thing", fine, but one patterned fabric (light or brighter) will suggest a color for accent pieces or walls which will give the room as much personality as you desire. Art and a couple of accent pillows will add the last bits of color.
    northpoint2 agradeció a felizlady
  • kjoy1
    hace 5 años

Oh my Northpoint...how very scary!!! How in the heck did it start? This is everyone’s worst nightmare. Thinking of you...

• RedRyder
    hace 5 años
    I’m glad you are safe and okay. So sorry to hear of your disaster. Keep us posted.
    northpoint2 agradeció a RedRyder
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    hace 5 años

Oh boy that is horrible..but you are safe and That is all that matters!:) here when you are ready...hope all goes well getting back in and enjoying your home again.

• northpoint2
    Autor original
    hace 5 años

Thanks all! The fire started when lightning struck in the woods behind the house, and the elecricity somehow traveled in. Isn't it weird that in my original post, I asked whether I should burn it down and start over?

The next time I'm over there, I'll take a photo of what it looks like now. We just have so many other, more pressing projects...like a kitchen upgrade and an entire finished basement with a bedroom, bath, and kitchenette/bar...that it might be a while until I can really focus on this again.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.