Houzz Logo Print
bobncarolh

Safety verses lake view

bobncarolh
hace 6 años

Lake house in need of railings but don't want to block the view.

Comentarios (15)

• PRO
    Horner Millwork
    hace 6 años

Kolbe Windows on Martha's Vineyard · Más información
    You could do ViewRail cable railing like seen here.

• PRO
    Cosa Belle Interiors
    hace 6 años

Good Afternoon,

One thing that is very popular in Orange County is doing clear fencing. This allows for very little view obstruction. However, depending on your climate this may not be an option for you. In addition, it may not go with the style of your house. You may want to look into other designs that are not as contemporary as the one pictured.

Good Luck!

-Cosa Belle Interiors

• Kicksychick
    hace 6 años

Clear glass railings along the upper deck and simple rails down each side of the stairs.

Main Deck · Más información

• cpaul1
    hace 6 años

Safety is more important than the view. I wouldn't be that worried about traditional railing impacting your view, but if you are then do tempered glass.

• grewa002
    hace 6 años
    I like it better without railing
  • bobncarolh
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you all for the comments. I think the cable railings is the best idea so far

• jdgail
    hace 6 años

no railing....extend stairs if you have to

• User
    hace 6 años
    omg! No horizontal railings! Didn't we just do this?
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 6 años

Extending the stairs is not a code-approved option; you've got 4 risers.

• User
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

@Joseph, explain? no comprende

• katinparadise
    hace 6 años

Posting to follow.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 6 años

Fred, following the reasoning of some of the posters here, an 8' high deck would not need guardrails, just stairs leading to grade all the way around.

• felizlady
    hace 6 años
    Cable rail, plexiglas or tempered glass. Minimum railing, maximum view. The plexiglas and tempered glass need to be cleaned. The cable rail would be my choice.
  • User
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Well, it might not be wise, but, as long as you have a HANDrail down the stairs, and you are not required to have a handicap ramp, there is no code reason why the deck can not be 147 inches high with steps all the way around.

It would be a great waste of space and money.

Extra credit :)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.