Houzz Logo Print
seamama75

Carrara Caldia quartz

seamama75
hace 6 años
Is anyone familiar with Carrara Caldia quartz? It is a new release from MSI so there isn't much info to be found on the web. I saw it at a slab wear house today and really liked it, but want to be very certain there are NO PINK undertones to it. It looked lovely in their lighting and I didn't see any pink when I held a white subway tile next to it, but I'm no pro. They did not have any samples for me to bring home yet, as it is a very new release.

Comentarios (111)

• Nicole Faircloth
    hace 5 años

Noticed you had Waypoint cabinets. Are you happy with the cabinets so far? Thank you

• S D
    hace 5 años
    We just had Caldia installed in laundry room and kids bathroom. The maple cabinets will stay in the laundry and the kids bathroom cabinets will be painted white duck (SW) since that is the color of our trim anyway. It’s more of a creamy white. I think the Caldia looks fine with maple or white or gray cabinets. Wall color is still TBD.
  • brmkbl
    hace 5 años
    What color white cabinets with Caldia? I was thinking of Sherwin Williams extra white or pure white. Not sure if extra white will be too cold with Caldia?
  • brmkbl
    hace 5 años
    @linmoogcat what color white are your cabinets... am debating between pure white and extra white but not sure if it’s too white for Caldia??
  • MD4square
    hace 5 años

Andrea S are your cherry cabinets natural or stained? I want Carrara Caldia with cherry as well, but not sure whether stain or not.

• pokeycampbell
    hace 5 años

@brmkbl did you end up going with caldia and pure white or extra white? Our cabinets are extra white and I'm having the same concerns as you.

• mikokitty
    hace 4 años
    Última modificación: hace 4 años

@pokeycampbell

Wondering if you chose caldia with the extra white cabinets?

• brmkbl
    hace 4 años

@mikokitty
    We actually went with Benjamin Moore Oxford White... very happy with it! The Caldia is beautiful!

• mikokitty
    hace 4 años

Thanks for the quick reply. if you get time to send a photo, I would love to see it.

• brmkbl
    hace 4 años

@mikokitty Here are a few pics of the kitchen

• mikokitty
    hace 4 años

This looks almost exactly as how it would look in our house, down to even the wall color. Thanks so much. I think we are sold on this choice!

• deb3bee
    hace 4 años

What is your wall color @brmkbl

• brmkbl
    hace 4 años

@deb3bee the wall color is sherwin Williams requisite gray

• Coo Ley
    hace 4 años

Hi everyone,
    Overall very happy with Carrera Caldia. Even tho I do feel there is a rose ish cream of mushroom soup to it... the other bright white kind with the grey veins are too hard to keep clean. I have it in my powder room. The seams end up looking pink or yellow/brown. The kitchen backsplash is Datile Florentine 2x4. I’m glad I did not try to force a design in the back of the range. It’s a bit too tight and would have looked too busy. Am also including pics of the Carrera Caldia with espresso cabinetry. It works well too.

• Jasmine Chepulis
    hace 4 años

I love the photos. I have fallen in love with this quartz. However, we were told the seam will be difficult to match up to look natural. Can I see any photos of your seams? Did your fabricator have difficulty matching it up? We were told two slabs would work for our kitchen until he actually found out how it was laid out and said we would need to buy an extra slab to make it look the best. He said the veins will just be difficult to line up. I get it we need those full two slabs pretty much but we can't buy an extra slab or two. That isn't in our budget. We have about 87 square feet to cover. Two corners to line up and a window that I guess will cause heck too.

I have attached a picture of our kitchen layout. Ignore my mess please and the honey oak. Yup it has to stay :(

• Jasmine Chepulis
    hace 4 años

Oh second choice i blanca statuarietto. But I love the larger veins in Carrara Caldia. I feel the blanca Statuarietto will just look a tad washed out and kind of looks like our current laminate.

• Julia Yankovski
    hace 4 años

We purchased Carrara Caldia and had to make it work cuz we were getting it at an extremely good price compared to regular We had a seam right above our dishwasher. They just installed this the 2-3-2020. Here is a picture. the installer did say they can get a grey colored glue if this white was too bright which I think it is. So I would just make sure they whoever installs it doesn’t ise white glue if that’s all that’s keeping you from not getting it.

• Julia Yankovski
    hace 4 años

• marydemo
    hace 4 años

Does this quartz lean gray in a strong way? I want something timeless and warm.

• patti_bee
    hace 4 años

Mine does not lean towards gray and is a warm tone. We've had it for two years now and really like it.

• Pam Hill
    hace 4 años

Does this quartz go better with chrome or brushed nickel faucets? anyone have more pictures on natural cherry cabinets or painted blues? I am using Medallion cabinets, cherry pecan finish for kitchen and master bath, and painted Marine classic for guest bath in new construction. I am trying to stretch the 2 slabs of Carrara Caldia for all counters. Thanks everyone for your posts!

• Julia Yankovski
    hace 4 años

@marydemo initially I thought it would but with the white cabinets it looks SO TIMELESS! Ive had those exact compliments that even though there’s hues and veins of grey it’s not overpowering in gray I absolutely love it!

• marydemo
    hace 4 años

Thanks, Julia. I ended up ordering a quartz with caramel color veining. I’m hoping it will look great with my wood floors and island ( same wood as floor). The other cabinets are white. It won’t be installed until after the quarantine is over. 🙁

• alkollmann54
    hace 3 años

linmoogcat-can you post a pic of your kitchen??
    i just has Carrara Caldia quartz put in and debating on menards taupe subway tile or if I need to keep looking. I have cherry cabs with morel stain and this backsplash is my last piece!

• Pam Hill
    hace 3 años

alkollmann, thanks for posting your pic! You got a great natural light shot of the island layout, and it helped me visualize how my future kitchen would appear, as I have a similar wall cabinet and island layout. I was looking at blanco sinks, is that what you put in? What color did you go with, and what sink faucet finish did you choose? Thanks again for posting!

• alkollmann54
    hace 3 años

the sink is blanco, "truffle" color
    my faucet is brushed nickel. the hardware on my cabinets is not matchy though, i thought brush nickel would not look as nice. so its more of like a slate color for cabinet harware.
    are you doing Carrera Caldia counters? im having a hard time with backsplash

• Pam Hill
    hace 3 años

Thanks! I thought truffle looked good also. My cabinets will be medallion cherry pecan, more of a golden red auburn color. I think Carrara caldia is our final choice. We were trying to stretch the 2 slabs to use in master bath and hall vanities, also. I was not interested in the Calacatta prominent veining, and the softer ones seemed too....white? I have heard the whiter countertops without figuring are a bother to keep clean and we do plan to eat at our island!

I think any of the high gloss subways in taupes, grieges, or greys would look good. the ones posted earlier by brmkblare nice. Just be sure to get a sample home and live with it for a few hours to confirm an attractive color match. Good luck with your project. I totally understand those conflicting feelings of excitement and anxiety when it comes to making these design choices!

• alkollmann54
    hace 3 años

Thank you for your thoughts/opinions. Went to menards yesterday and picked out the ceramic taupe tile, I liked it but wanted just a little more bling to it as the countertop itself is beautiful but suttle. Just stopped at Lowes and picked out the taupe glass tile. doing it today and will follow with a update when done.

• alkollmann54
    hace 3 años

ok so here the new backsplash. glass tile from Lowe's with MSI Carrara Caldia

• alkollmann54
    hace 3 años

tile looks a little "greenish". it's beige or brown, assume it's the lighting bc it looks much different on the wall. either way I can live with it

• Pam Hill
    hace 3 años

I like the glass over the ceramic, they look very contemporary! We have an appointment to look at some backsplash options next week; I plan to pack some advil if it becomes a test of endurance! Our project is about 2 months out but I'll try to post when we are near completion.

Will you keep the white walls or paint another color? The lighting pendants look great, btw!

• alkollmann54
    hace 3 años

I would like to paint, just don't know what. with building and all the craziness I didn't want to pick a color just to pick...
    our build included 1 color to paint ceiling and walls. this is Sherwin Williams Natural Choice color. it's a creamy white but definitely would like some color...any opinions I am open to

• Ellen Christine
    hace 3 años

Just got our Carrara Caldia installed and love it! Just wanted to add some pics in case it can help anyone make their decision :)

• Pam Hill
    hace 3 años

Looks great! What type of sink did you have put in?

• marydemo
    hace 3 años

I finally got my quartz installed and I love it!! Vadara Sereno Gold. Pics on line look A LOT darker than it really is.

• marydemo
    hace 3 años

It looks creamy white in pics but it’s more of a grayish white. I’m getting rid of the yellow paint! I did not want white-white, and this is perfect.

• Katie Shepherd
    hace 3 años

Just had caldia installed last week and thought people may want to see pictures. I’ll include a picture of my seam as well because they did a fantastic job on it.

• mikokitty
    hace 3 años

I ended up not choosing the carrera caldia. I wanted something with veining in brown tones which I really liked with the wood floors. I chose gold hardware too and really like the combination.

• Liz Bolt
    hace 3 años

@mikokitty What quartz did you choose?

• mikokitty
    hace 3 años

It’s called Calacatta Carina from Daltile. I’ve attached a photo of the slab we chose and also a close up photo of it by the backsplash so you can see the color (I had actually taken photo to save the name of that bottle of wine we had - I recommend that also😊).I love the way it tied in with the wood island counter and also the dark wood floors.

• Angie Wilbricht Brown
    hace 3 años

brmkbl What color is your backsplash?

• mikokitty
    hace 3 años

The backsplash is from Daltile Crystal Shores called Blue Lagoon. I have and did not want any shade of blue in the backsplash so the name rather threw me at first. But the “blue” I think they refer too actually looks silver. It is really beautiful!

• Pam Hill
    hace 3 años

I ended up stretching 2 slabs of Carrara Caldia for counters in open kitchen, guest bath, master bath and shower shelf/bench! We are very pleased with the neutral color. I worried a pure white would end up being a pain to keep clean. This off white/tan doesn't have that problem. Here's one of the

kitchen with cherry cabinets and concrete blanco sink....

• alkollmann54
    hace 3 años

pam, that looks awesome!

• tayferg
    hace 2 años

Has anyone used the Carrara Caldia countertops with green cabinets & gold hardware?

We wanted to do sage green bottom cabinets and cream or grey uppers with a grey backsplash.

I am worried the Caldia will look too tan... have you found that they look white in your home?

here is a photo of a sample next to the sink we ordered. It’s a Matte grey sink

(I think what is throwing me off is the sample on top of a super white counter is making Caldia look tan)

• Kath
    el último año

Hello all may I please have a picture of the counters with white cabinets ans installed backspash? Thanks

• tayferg
    el último año
    Última modificación: el último año

Here is the finished project!

• Usuario de Houzz-803320376
    el último año

@meghanlee do you know the color of your cabinets?

• mikokitty
    el último año

Snowbound

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.