Houzz Logo Print
drbevdc

Kitchen preferences

drbevdc
hace 6 años
I have 2 options for our new kitchen. I'm not overly concerned with storage or counter space in either of them. The differences address the preferences of wall oven vs range, sliding vs standard patio door (exits to a covered patio), and small differences in the pantry and wet bar areas.

I think I know which of these I prefer, but was curious as to what you all think before this plan goes for blueprints. Thanks!

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    User
    hace 6 años

We love the first one. Although you aren't concerned about counter space, you can never have enough of it, especially if you entertain.

• simstress
    hace 6 años

I like the sliding door, especially if you have a view to enjoy. Is fridge counter depth? An option is to recess the pantry wall to accommodate a standard depth fridge. Also, it doesn't seem like you'll get 6 seats on the island, unless this is just artistic rendering and not to scale. Have fun!

• PRO
    Sustainable Design Group
    hace 6 años

Without knowing about you and your family's lifestyle and cooking habits (do you need a 36" cooking surface area or will 30" be enough?), the second design will let a tremendous amount of natural light in compared to the first design. The second will also reinforce the connection and accessibility (visual and physical) to your patio area. If you are planning on actively using your outdoor space, the second one will be much more conducive to an indoor+outdoor lifestyle. Even if you arrange the main kitchen cabinetry (excluding the beverage center area) and appliances like you have in the first layout, the architecture of the second layout would be our strong recommendation.

Which is your favorite? Best of luck with your project!

• drbevdc
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Now I will confess photo 1 was from the designer, and number 2 is what I was thinking of presenting as a compromise. I think I prefer a wall oven, and really like the idea of the larger sliding glass door, for the reasons mentioned above. I think bookending the cooktop with the ovens and refrigerator will give a nice clean look, too. I will see what works out on the refrigerator depth. Thanks!
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.