Houzz Logo Print
designerinc

About Climate Control Systems you install

Hi: Love your designs by the way. My husband and myself are designing our own home and we would like more into on the cooling system needed for a wine room about the size of the one shown here. We live in the Caribbean, Trinidad to be exact and it get to be 95 degrees easy in the day-time. We would need a cooling system when we build the wine room, do you have any advice to offer on the best way to achieve this. Also can the system be run using solar energy, we have tons of sunlight here, figure why waste it. Thanks much and have a good one. Ann
Under Stair Mosaic PEG System Wine Racking · Más información

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Genuwine Cellars
    hace 6 años

Ann - Thank you for the note and for the kind words. I was in Trinidad just last year visiting some friends near Port of Spain and can say you have a truly beautiful country.

First, the glass on the photo you selected was built for beauty in this instance and not for proper wine cellar climate controlled functionality. For a controlled wine cellar environment in your location, you would need to ensure that the best vapour barrier and insulation is applied up front to all surfaces.

Second, for a mechanical system, there are a few options. For your needs, we would likely recommend a commercial-grade ducted system with humidity add-on; especially with glass walls, it will be important to control for that as well. As for a power source, a unit like this one needs a dedicated circuit. Regarding solar power, it is worth a further conversation with our team regarding what you already have set up. We'd be happy to find the best solution for you!

If you would like our technical team to dig into things a little bit further with you, please email sales@genuwinecellars.com with some more details. We design, build and install wine cellars globally and would be happy to help!

• PRO
    Simply Exquisite Interiors
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Oh thank you for responding so quickly. I'm happy to know that you are familiar with our climate, and yes ours is truly a beautiful twin island! I was actually born in the county, Port of Spain.

We Understand what you are saying about the vapor barrier and insulation with respect to our climate and our environment. Yes, we see there are a lot of factors to consider. Our property is in the northern range of the island, at Grande Riviera, hillside we haven't started to build yet, I'm still modifying the drawings (more like changing the drawings every new idea that pops into my head, lol) but I'll complete it soon and we will consider contacting your team for your expert advice.

Thanks again, and we are so delighted to make your acquaintance.

Best regards,

Ann Achee-Hoyte

• PRO
    Genuwine Cellars
    hace 6 años

Thank you for the kind note Ann.

We would be pleased to help you determine the best location and size of space to meet your bottle storage and aesthetic needs. Feel free to fill out our Wine Cellar Design Form when you start planning further, and we can advise accordingly.

We look forward to hearing from you.

• PRO
    Innovative Wine Cellar Designs
    hace 3 años

Actually, glass enclosed wine rooms absolutely can be climate controlled with no issues at all. It just takes the know how

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.