Houzz Logo Print
cc0412

Help 70's exterior

cc0412
hace 6 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

Really dislike the upvc cladding under the Windows. Would love to render the whole house but can't afford to at the moment. The one on the ground floor is covering an area where a big window (down to the floor) once was. We believe that it isn't brick behind it so wouldn't be able to just remove it to expose the brick. Does anyone have any other ideas on what we could do?
I wondered about rendering the two panels where the the cladding is in a nice light grey or somthing. I've seen similar on other properties in the area but don't want it to look silly.
Thank you

Comentarios (7)

• PRO
    User
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Have a look on Marley's website, as you say it's not brick behind the cladding, therefore, it will have to be cladding or tiles or one type or another. Marley Facades

The Cedral Lap weatherboard comes in a miriad of colours and is probably the kind of look that you'll like.

• PRO
    Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
    hace 6 años

Hi

How about changing the white PVC cladding with natural timber cladding and also doing the same with the door surround to tie the two together?

Shannon

cc0412 agradeció a Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
  • cc0412
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm not sure why but I feel put off having any type of cladding at all! When we bought the house I never really considered the cladding but now we are in and have installed vertical blinds at the windows it all just feels so stripey.

A house on the culdesac has sort of covered where the cladding was with stones which looks a bit dated. But others seem to have just rendered the sections below the windows. I didn't know whether this was somthing we could do if there wasn't any brick below. I'm not sure exactly what is behind the cladding or how neatly the edges of where the window once was meets the rest of the wall. It feels sort of hollow when you tap below it but I'm assuming there must be somthing under the cladding before the plasterboard. Although maybe not?

• Fiona Davenport-White
    hace 6 años
    You can paint UPVC - maybe paint it grey or even black with a new matching front door?
    cc0412 agradeció a Fiona Davenport-White
  • PRO
    Lariko Architects
    hace 6 años
    There are so many options for alternative cladding but you can also alter the size and shape of your Windows if this is something you wished to do. This could mean floor to ceiling glazing. You would have to check the planning policies in your area but this will not generally require planning approval. Otherwise you can pretty much install anything such as textured brick (slips if necessary) metal shingles, charred timber or shou sougi ban. You can even have the upvc spray painted if cost is an issue.
    cc0412 agradeció a Lariko Architects
  • Mari Habers
    hace 3 años

Hi, I am looking to do something with the cladding on my 1968 house. We have felt tiles on one side and upvc on the other. Both are very worn and need to be replaced. Have go got any photos on your finished house? Thanks so much!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.