Houzz Logo Print
lizzy_lemire

Help with Backyard Privacy!!

Lizzy Ristano
hace 6 años
We live on a corner lot and our backyard needs help to gain more privacy. We have a pool and the fence surrounding area is an iron fence that provides no privacy. Any good ideas that won't cost us a fortune would be welcomed!!

Comentarios (10)

• partim
    hace 6 años

There seem to be a lot of companies that offer fence fabric and fence screens.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 6 años
    Not sure where you are located but some strategically located Leland Cypress would creat a natural screen pretty fast. Couple that with some canvas panels and you can create nice screen. You do have to check with HOA if you are covered by one.
  • jansgirl
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

Would you be up for planting vines to cover the fence? Morning glories would have that covered in no time.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 6 años

I have done that, good idea @jansgirl, but they do get pretty invasive, so you have to be careful. But that would work while other plant material got more mature! Good idea! I just thru seeds down and off they went! Of course, we have a long growing season here too, but in that house we backed up to a golf course, so I was trying to make a quick cover from the golfers on the golf path. turns out they could have cared less! lol

• PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 6 años

omg, morning glories are ridiculous. they sprout up everywhere. all I do all summer is pluck new sprouts from my flower bed. they are pretty tho. but what will happen during winter when they die? now you have dead looking vines and no privacy. Save up the money to purchase the vinyl fence panels. those will work and have to upkeep like the wood does.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 6 años

@Beth H -- hahaha! Yea, you also have the dead leaves in the pool because they do die out if you have freezing weather. I forgot about that. Wouldn't large umbrellas give you enough privacy when at the pool? At least until you can get some natural vegetation going. That is a lot of "fence Line" so you have an investment for sure no matter what you do.

• PRO
    McNICHOLS CO.
    hace 6 años

McNICHOLS ECO-MESH® panels could provide the privacy you're seeking along with charming, sustainable style. The Wire Mesh grid system provides a captive grow space for climbing plants. Please feel free to view our inventory at our website or browse our Houzz Ideabook. Good luck to you!

McNICHOLS ECO-MESH® - Gardening Goes Vertical · Más información

• jansgirl
    hace 6 años

hahaha-you are right, Beth. My morning glories are coming up right now and it's gonna be a battle!

• emmarene9
    hace 6 años

Could you take some photos from the sidewalk? I think the privacy screen should start further away from the fence.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.