Houzz Logo Print
kayne_cross

Garden planting around decking

Kayne Cross
hace 6 años
Hi there, I am looking for planting suggestions for surrounding my freshly laid decking area. I want to keep the planting quite formal with plenty of structure.

Please ignore olive / aced trees they will be moved.

In photo one to the right of the decking I was thinking of preached hornbeam to give us a screen due to the low fence or should I keep it simple and surround all around with privet hedge to hide fence and give me the additional privacy.

Any suggestions welcome.

Any help and suggestions of plants and ideas welcome.

Comentarios (6)

• Jane Bateman
    hace 6 años

Looks like you're in the UK, so I'd go for drought resistant plants!

I love having scented useful plants such as Rosemary and other herbs.

For height you could have Honeysuckle attached to trellis on the wall and fence, or even a trained fruit tree.

• rachelmidlands
    hace 6 años
    Decking looks good. Some great ideas for planting already, one more to consider is Italian cypress trees for height but without the bulk. Also like the idea of a pergola with climbers as it would give somewhere inviting to sit and privacy. How about a corner pergola situated opposite the garage wall where the fencing is lowest.
  • Tara Dempsey
    hace 6 años
    Great ideas already and you're lucky to have such a good sized space to work with. As Rachel says, a corner pergola would be lovely with wisteria or Virginia creeper to soften the angles. Also fab for hanging lighting. Laurel and bay are good hedging plants as they are fast growers, easy to shape and evergreen. Also as they have dense thick leaves they act as a sound muffler which can be a bonus. Spiders and ladybirds love them so you get less flies. The end by the garage wall, you could gravel and have a chimenea and feature log store.

You could also get some bamboo in containers to give you instant screening and height whilst your chosen permanent planting gets established.
  • Kayne Cross
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Hi guys,

I went with box as a quick solution and it's made a great difference, this I will follow down to the other part of the garden in November( bare root season) to make it flow better.

Pleached horn beams are next on the list I think as the area does feel a bit exposed.

Here's how we're looking now.
  • 1milebeachcourt
    hace 6 años
    What about a Japanese garden??

庭の奥から振り返り、枯流れを眺める · Más información
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.