Houzz Logo Print
dgarstang

Haviland Paver Pattern?

dgarstang
hace 6 años

This area is being paved.

I'm wondering if the haviland pattern by Calstone, ie this:

would look good in this area? It's 8 feet x 18 feet. Is that area too small for the haviland pattern? Should I use a different pattern with smaller pavers? My end result, using their Mission paver, and the cream/tan/brown color would look like this (except my area is smaller)...

Thanks,

Doug

Comentarios (6)

• katinparadise
    hace 6 años

How large is the largest paver?

• PRO
    Breckenridge Design, Construction & Maintenance
    hace 6 años
    That pattern should be ok, think about doing a stretcher course border (head to toe) of a different color to frame the space.
  • dgarstang
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

The largest paver is 12x12. The contractor wants to use a 4x8 paver for the border, length ways, ie the paver extends 8 inches in. Bit concerned about that. Actually, that's probably what they've done in the photo above. Only leaves about 7 feet width on the narrower side.

• katinparadise
    hace 6 años

I think you should be fine. 12X12 should give you several full rows across. I like the pattern and the stone color. Do you have the capability of drawing it out on graph paper to see how it looks to your eye?

• dgarstang
    Autor original
    hace 6 años

Now I'm a bit worried.

The contractor has left some stacks of the pavers nearby in prep for paving tomorrow...

I was under the impression they'd be lighter. Here's a photo of a palette of them I took at the supply store...

The ones at the store look lighter to me. I asked the contractor to use the lightest ones he has, but I'm not sure how that will turn out. I really wanted something light, lighter than the concrete. Concerned the pavers look a LOT like the concrete.

• katinparadise
    hace 6 años

There are a lot of variations in the colors. I think they'll be fine. Did he say he picked the lightest available?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.