Houzz Logo Print
npd229

Need help with layout for a small master bedroom.

npd229
hace 7 años

My master bedroom is small, house built in 1924. Would love to hear ideas, thoughts. Thank you.

• Every wall has door(s) or window(s) on them making it very difficult to place furniture.
  • a quick sketch of the room

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Julie Kardatzke Architect, LLC
    hace 7 años

It's a tough room. The size of the room isn't bad, but there are so many doors. What size bed do you have? What other furniture will you use? How low are the window sills?

The bed placement is the first thing to tackle. It looks like you could fit a queen size bed and one night stand either between the bathroom and entrance doors or in front of the windows.

If your bed is larger than a queen or if you'd like night stands on both sides of the bed, perhaps you could put the bed in front of the windows and have wall-hung nightstands built on either side of the bed (under the window sills if they're not too low).

npd229 agradeció a Julie Kardatzke Architect, LLC
  • sunnydrew
    hace 7 años
    Can you show pics of the walls, what does the headboard look like? All that will help.
    npd229 agradeció a sunnydrew
  • npd229
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

We are planning on painting soon so I thought it would be nice to rearrange as well... We currently have a queen size bed that is on the wall between the entrance and bathroom. It just fits with room for two tiny night stands (ie stumps). Windows are low, 26" of the ground. We currently have 2 dressers, a tall narrow one on the wall with the french door windows and a short wide one against the windows. I'll get more pics but for now here's our bed/nightstand situation

• npd229
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.