Houzz Logo Print
b_oz

Toilet Room vs nook w/ half glass wall between shower?

B Oz
hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 7 años

Here's the layout of the master bath remodel, so not a large bathroom. Trying to decide to put in an outward swinging door to a toilet room, or do away with the door and put a half glass wall between it and the shower?

There is a window (about 2'w x 3'h) on the upper wall so a door would result in the window being enclosed in that room. Though, I could add a small window as shown on the right side in the shower.

Comentarios (10)

• PRO
    W.E. Davies + Sons Remodeling Inc.
    hace 7 años

Hey there,

The more doors and full walls you have, the smaller your bathroom will feel. We use half walls in many of our bathroom remodels and they turn out beautifully. A photo of one of our projects is shown below.

Davies Master Bathroom · Más información

That said, go with the glass half wall. You don't want your new bathroom to feel cramped.

• B Oz
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Does it matter that the vanity area is across from the toilet?

• champcamp
    hace 7 años

After finally having a master bath with a water closet, I personally wouldn't go back to a bath without a separate room for the toilet. The bathroom is going to seem a bit tight no matter what, but if two people are going to be sharing it, I would opt for the water closet.

• B Oz
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Well it's about a tie. This is a tough decision.

• printesa
    hace 7 años

I prefer the separate toilet, especially in a master where both might get ready at the same time

• akabal
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

We are in the middle of bathroom Reno, and are waiting for the glass to arrive. We went with 1/2 wall and glass...for simple reason, putting a door would make it tight, more closed off....and the toilet couldn't have been moved. Here is my photo...excuse the unfinished look. I am thinking that the ledge in the 1/2 wall will be useful for putting items on it :-)

• Pool Habit
    hace 7 años

If you are cool with the size/light of the shower with the wall there, then keep it. If you don't anticipate actually using it at the same time and you want a big glassy shower then take it out. We got rid of the toilet room in order to have a bigger shower and more open feel.

• PRO
    Linda Stotts Interiors
    hace 7 años

I always think adding a door to this small private room is very important if you have the room. The glass idea exposes the toilet area to the shower when in use. Therefore I would not do that. So the only other suggestion, if you would like to be creative, put a door that can be opened at the top and the bottom closed. So you can have privacy with the lower door closed but the upper portion open if you wish, especially if you have small children you are watching out for etc. open. I am doing that in a new house for pets to be in the laundry room, but I am putting the two door idea at the back of the laundry room so the top door can be left open and they do not feel closed in. LInda Stotts, Interiors by Design

• leelee
    hace 7 años

I prefer an enclosed toilet room. Doesn't need to be big...in fact as small as possible and to meet codes. It's almost like having a half bath in addition.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.