Houzz Logo Print
sonivore

Secret Brooklyn Cellar with Brick Arched Ceiling

sonivore
hace 7 años

Long story short, our living room has a hydraulic trap door that leads to an amazing underground chamber that dates back to the 1800's. This cellar is currently unused and requires renovation from someone with skills to address moisture and ventilation issues. We envision a sort of "whiskey room" for our friends to relax with urban rustic charm, hinting at the industrial past of a neighborhood full of metal foundries and high-end wood varnish makers (which has become posh apartments and trendy bars/restaurants). My failure to find an appropriate contractor makes me think I'm looking in the wrong places, so I'm hoping the Houzz.com community can help! Here's an Interactive Panorama of the downstairs area, plus a few pictures.

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 7 años

Have you checked the “Find Professionals” on this page? Put in your zip code and see who pops up.

• PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    hace 7 años
    It's great that it's already sprinkled, but this will require permanent code compliant stairs if this is going to be habitable space. Spiral maybe? That of course means a larger opening in the barrel vaulted ceiling, which will require a structural engineer... basically you need a good general contractor used to working on old properties near you and familiar with the challenges they possess.
  • sunnydrew
    hace 7 años
    Neat project but I held my breath while I was "in there", as in it was a little claustrophobic. It is so neat though!
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 7 años

This is 100% awesome.

• PRO
    CSI-Montage
    hace 7 años
    I love it! Whiskey Room
  • PRO
    Genuwine Cellars
    hace 6 años

Sonivore - what a wonderful find. We would happily discuss the details or project with you further. We build custom wine rooms around the world and have focused on specially climate controlled spaces for over 22 years. We are also the sole provider of the subterranean Spiral Cellar here in North America.

Please email margaux@genuwinecellars.com or call 1-866-415-7181. We would be happy to help turn this into the whiskey room of your dreams!
    www.genuwinecellars.com

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.