Houzz Logo Print
jdjonesatl99

what components did you use to create this wall trellis.

jdjonesatl99
hace 7 años
can you tell me what parts you used and how you spaced out he pattern. I would like to do this on a cement block wall.
Andrew Renn Design, Beautiful gardens of Melbourne Australia · Más información

Comentario (1)

• PRO
    Andrew Renn
    hace 7 años
    A variety of fasteners and house hold wire could be used, however I always use stainless steel cable and stainless steel fittings.
    Anything else will rust over time, leaving the wall vacant as it all falls to the ground.
    Go to a ships chandlery and ask to see the cable and associated fittings used in yachts.
    Stainless steel cable can be pulled very tight to achieve the desired look.
    You will need :
    Eyelet screws to anchor into the wall.
    Next is working out your pattern and then measuring and marking out for drill holes for the screw eyes.

You now have to attach the cable to the starting screw eye.
    Then it's a matter of threading your cable through the eyelets until you reach an end point. Back and forth say three times is enough. After that the loose end has to be attached to a turnbuckle. It then hooks onto the closed in line turn buckle. Clamp cable to the turn buckle, cut off excess cable and tighten cable by turning the turn buckle.
    Repeat for each row or shape you want to achieve.

Have fun,

Andrew Renn
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.