Houzz Logo Print
lgulino0319

Trying to Warm up a Gray Couch and Gray Wall Living Room

Lynn
hace 7 años

These are some pictures of what I have so far!

This is what I have so far, looking for any advice at all how to move forward with this look. I realize I have clutter in the background but please try to ignore it..lol.

Comentarios (14)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

Well a colrful rug for starters , some art on the walls some pillows to go with the rug and the art and for sure all that clutter gone. That back right corner would have been the perfect place for the T.V

• Lynn
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    thanks
  • Dale Hadley
    hace 7 años

Picking up the blues/teal and oranges in this pic in your rug and throw pillows. You can also incorporate color on your fireplace

• PRO
    Larkyn Interiors
    hace 7 años

What about a longer more delicate ottoman? This one is west elm.

• User
    hace 7 años
    Pia Chrome Coffee Table, Rose Gold · Más información

Bali Breeze Low Square Accent Table, Silver Patina · Más información

GDF Studio Tucson Natural Fabric Storage Ottoman Coffee Table · Más información
  • PRO
    Inner Visions Interiors
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Family Friendly Glamour, Winchester MA · Más información

Family Friendly Glamour, Winchester MA · Más información
    Gray walls, combined with other neutrals in the gray family, white, black, gray are in the cool family. Easily spark some excitement in your family room with warm fuchsia, reds, rust tones on your accessories. Your easiest path would be to go bold with a warm area rug and matching pillows. If that is too scary, get an area rug in the same neutral family as your couches. IE. a gray-black rug like above, then layering in hot pillow colors and warm art work.

www.CompanyC.com has great rugs and coordinated pillows and throws.

• PRO
    Esmaili Rugs and Antiques, Inc.
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Hello Lynn and Houzz Pros.

Here is a mockup with a layered Moroccan rug; adds a pop of color and texture for that desired warmth aesthetic :)

Rug No. 20176

Rug No. 30309

• kjoy1
    hace 7 años

West Elm

• PRO
    Ford & Associates
    hace 7 años

I like your new 20176 rug with fun pops of color! I agree, a softer cocktail table with different texture would be a nice addition as well as accent pillows that you could bring in colors of your new rug. I think draperies and plants always give a room a cozy finished look as well and lamps will add the incandescent light that warms the room too. Good luck!

• PRO
    Larkyn Interiors
    hace 7 años

One last thing. The hardwood floor has a a lot of orange in it (or maybe it's just the photo). I would neutralize that with a softer rug color- cream or gray. You could bring in pattern and color on the ottoman.

• User
    hace 7 años
    What is the size of your room
  • PRO
    Todd Jersey Architecture
    hace 7 años

i like the colors of the wall but they don't work with the floor sadly. I would repaint with a much warmer grey/green with focus on matching the floor not the sofas.

• calidesign
    hace 7 años

It is the gold in the rug and the brown ottoman that are throwing off the colors. Remove those items and look at your floors, walls, and sofa without them. Take a photo that way which will make it easier for you to see. You need a rug that combines the warm colors of your floor with a tiny amount of the lighter grays, and some other colors.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.