Houzz Logo Print
tracy_oliver4617439

Budget bathroom reno

Tracy Oliver
hace 7 años
Here are the before and after photos from my recent budget bathroom update. About 6 years ago I replaced the old shower screen and painted the tiles yellow (the 'before' shot). This time I replaced all the cabinets and taps and repainted the walls and tiles. The fish is a wall decal which I stuck on to the cabinet door.

Comentarios (22)

• strawberry47
    hace 7 años
    Wow, if you changed the toilet cistern it would take it to another level but this is great especially the decal on the cupboard door.
  • Tracy Oliver
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thanks strawberry47. I do wish I had replaced the cistern while I had the plumber there. I'm now trying to figure out if it's something I could do myself...
  • Louise
    hace 7 años
    I love the new mirror :)
  • patsy_designs
    hace 7 años

Excellent!

• mutcherson
    hace 7 años

Looks great! which brand tile paint and primer did you use? Yes you can do cistern yourself. Very easy. Lots of YouTube vids. I just did some. Couldn't believe how easy it was.

• Tracy Oliver
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thanks Mutcherson. I used the White Knight primer and tile paint. Although the colour was 'silver threads' by Taubmans. I have watched some YouTube clips on changing the cistern, they didn't reassure me that it was something I could manage myself, but maybe I'll give it a go anyway
  • Alex79 Benton
    hace 7 años

Hi Tracy, can you tell me where you got your vanity from? Thanks

• Adele Withers
    hace 7 años

Well done. I love the fish print.

• Tracy Oliver
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Hey Alex. The vanity was a special order from Bunnings.
  • Liz Morrison
    hace 7 años

Great job. I do agree about the cistern. A nice new sleek cistern & toilet would make quite a difference,

• PRO
    Flair Home Styling
    hace 7 años

We can help you with replacing toilet if you are on the gold coast from Flair home Styling.

• tu69941
    hace 7 años

Great work Tracy. As a first time DIY(er) you have inspired me to tackle my early 80's ensuite! I REALLY want to paint my daggy tiles but I've had so many people advise me against it saying that they will scratch and wear far too quickly... Have you found this to be true with yours??

• Tracy Oliver
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Scratching hasn't been a problem for me. I have to be careful when I'm dying my hair as they can stain. You'd probably want to repaint or replace them after a few years.
  • cloudpants
    hace 7 años
    I especially love great, budget makeovers like these. I also love that you have really put your own stamp on it. The fish decal is excellent.
  • astrogirl
    hace 7 años
    Great work Tracey, I love it!
  • Tyrian
    hace 7 años

I love the decal - really cool and amusing choice! I also kind of love the yellow, though it is a bit alarming compared to the soothing grey :-) .

• wuff
    hace 7 años
    Looks so good, and a bit daring with the fish, love it
  • PRO
    User
    hace 7 años

It's little subtle changes, but it looks like a completely new bathroom! Amazing!

• me me
    hace 7 años

looks terrific! well done!!

• PRO
    Clipsal by Schneider Electric
    hace 7 años

Wow! What a transformation. We particularly love the cabinetry and the neutral tones you've used in this space. Well done.

Thanks,

The Clipsal Team

• PRO
    Period Extensions & Designs
    hace 7 años

The fish art piece looks awesome!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.