Houzz Logo Print
anperson2

Advice on pantry layout

Gen 15
hace 7 años

Any suggestions for the doors on this pantry in our new build? I'd like to keep the two sides with 200mm deep shelves but unsure how to address the doors. There isn't room for a cavity slider. This is the best I can come up with, but concerned the doors might be in the way.

Thanks for your help!

Comentarios (12)

• Gen 15
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks oklouise. I hadn't thought about using the back of the door. You're full of good ideas!

• chubbychicky
    hace 7 años
    I would LOVE my pantry light to come on when I open the door! Where do I find a system / switch that would allow me to do that? Currently, my pantry light switch is around the corner in the kitchen.
  • oklouise
    hace 7 años

i have sensor lights that my electrician supplied and installed but there are lots of more economical DIY battery operated ones listed when i checked the internet for..

• PRO
    MB Design & Drafting
    hace 7 años

Outward opening door perhaps say a 720 wide? 300 shelf one side, 200 the other for example?

Gen 15 agradeció a MB Design & Drafting
  • melainep66
    hace 7 años

I would remove the doors completely allowing a free flow easy access.

Gen 15 agradeció a melainep66
  • Gallifrey
    hace 7 años

Outward opening door?

Gen 15 agradeció a Gallifrey
  • kath carlson
    hace 7 años
    I agree, tight opening and you will be in and out all of the time so - no doors!- and have a "to die for" walk in! Sorted, storage super neat, canisters, similar jars, food on show etc etc good luck! An exciting time!
    Gen 15 agradeció a kath carlson
  • brixnmorta
    hace 7 años

Of course no doors kinda solves the problem. But if you want to keep the dust and light out (spuds) or wandering toddlers, and dont have room for cavity - you could do this (in a double door):

https://goo.gl/images/QH3P55

Or this, and have the best spice rack in the street.:

https://goo.gl/images/dvxP1R

Gen 15 agradeció a brixnmorta
  • Gen 15
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm not sure about an outward opening door there as it will be a thoroughfare. I've posted my house plans on another thread where you can see what I mean. https://www.houzz.com.au/discussions/feedback-on-plans-for-new-build-dsvw-vd~4480161

• Gen 15
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Interesting idea to hang a double door like that brixnmorta will have to look into that.

• PRO
    JWA Electrical
    hace 7 años
    Hi, we have installed a pivot door 2340 high door opens inwards and outwards for easy access with a sensor which turns the light on and an override switch, as well an exhaust fan in the pantry thermostat controlled with also an override switch.
    just something to as your electrician.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.