Houzz Logo Print
john7285

Help: Ikea Godmorgon Vanity, Sink & Non-Ikea Faucet

John Miller
hace 7 años

HI, and thanks in advance for any help:

Is it possible to use a non-Ikea faucet with the Ikea Godmorgon vanity & sink (single-hole)? I don't like the current Ikea designs, and would like to use something else.

If so, what are the constraints? Any tips? Specific measurements to use/not use?

Thanks!

Comentarios (11)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

You install what ever faucet you like the cabinet does not dictate faucet I install what ever faucet I like with these all the time

• Bobbie A
    hace 6 años
    I was wondering the same. Did you purchase something other than what they recommended? If so, how was it?
  • PRO
    Dendra Doors
    hace 6 años

It is not a problem to use your own faucet with Godmorgan vanities. It just becomes an issue with plumbing if you choose your own counter tops, but still possible.

• croig
    hace 6 años

I am planing on using a different counter topped sink. I would appreciate the advice, measurements or band you would recommend.

thanks

• rm101
    hace 6 años

I want to use the Vigo Noma faucet with the Odensvik sink & the corresponding pop-up drain. I plan on changing the Rinnen drain trap so I just need to know if it will fit in the hole. Does anyone know the measurement of Odensvik's sink hole? thx

• Norma R
    hace 4 años

I bought a Godmorgon vanity, got a quartz counter top and Kholer 1-1/4 drain drap. The contractor is now saying it doesn’t work. Does anyone know any hacks ?

• PRO
    HALLETT & Co.
    hace 4 años

Norma you will need to make the top drawer into a false front and have only the bottom drawer functional. The reason it works with an IKEA sink is twofold, first most of the depth of the sink is concealed in the counter (it doesn’t exist in the cabinet), secondly the IKEA drain comes off the sink 90 degrees and goes to the back of the cabinet, the p trap is against the wall.

• lindacottonwood
    hace 4 años

Norma R I had the same problem. Our builder wanted to make the top drawer have a false front. I almost went for it because we had 3 Godmorgan vanities put together and had lots of storage.

Our genius trim guy said " Don't do that. I can just cut out around the pipe then you have a usable drawer." That is what we did. I will have my husband take a picture to show you.

• lindacottonwood
    hace 4 años

Here is what he did.

• rm101
    hace 4 años

Norma R- As Linda said you can just cut around the drawer or as many have done, or do a serious hack & save the drawers completely. There are many videos & pics online. It requires cutting the drain & pivoting the trap to run parallel to the wall. Here's 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iG0Sv69Vtow

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.