Houzz Logo Print
hhmtaylor

Flooring advice for main floor

Taylor Eh
hace 7 años

Open concept main floor with 7" hardwood throughout. With powder room visible from kitchen and great room I would prefer to have a tile for powder room but not sure if I should be concerned with transitioning to a different flooring (powder room is only 6x5 sq ft). If I transition to tile any suggestions on size of tile?

Comentarios (9)

• Diane
    hace 7 años
    I would keep the floors consistent. If you go with tile you will need a way to deal with a transition if there is a difference in the the material thickness.
  • PRO
    Cancork Floor Inc.
    hace 7 años

Powder rooms (thrown and sink) can have hardwood (unless you are personally opposed to the idea). If you are looking at tile, it is nice to match it to something else. Like the kitchen tile or the entrance tile. It keeps things simple and reduces the amount of floors you install.

Find a tile finish that already exists (even if it is just a back splash) and then use something like it in the bathroom. This can keep the home's theme moving and keeps things cohesive.

Taylor Eh agradeció a Cancork Floor Inc.
  • Bailey R
    hace 7 años

I have hardwood throughout my first floor, including the powder room. I don't understand why that is an issue.

• Taylor Eh
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you....cleanliness around the toilet is a concern

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

You don't need bleach. Warm soapy water , wrung out, , a decent quick wipe and rinse with a hot, wet, well wrung out rag or mop.. It's clean. I'd do the hardwood and not fret.

Taylor Eh agradeció a JAN MOYER
  • PRO
    Beth H. :
    hace 7 años

you can put tile in the powder room. doesn't have to be the same flooring. Get something that jives with the wood and it will look just fine. (if that's what you want). yes tile can be disinfected easier than wood.

Taylor Eh agradeció a Beth H. :
  • shirlpp
    hace 7 años

Go with a 12x12 tile and make the room exceptionally beautiful....Good Luck.

Taylor Eh agradeció a shirlpp
  • Bailey R
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Well, my floors must be finished well because I've had them in my powder room for 15+ years with no issues. As far as liquids, I've had no issues & I live at the beach with a surfer son & his friends:). They are steam cleaned often , along with Bona wood cleaner, they still look like new. I prefer a seamless look.

Taylor Eh agradeció a Bailey R
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.