Houzz Logo Print
erick_johnson

Kitchen Light Color Temperature??

Erick Johnson
hace 7 años

Hi Everyone, I've been designing and remodeling a new kitchen in my timber frame home. Kitchen has a lot of wood tones with natural oak floors, oak beams everywhere, exposed beam and wood ceiling, stained alder cabinets, gray soapstone countertops, and white walls. My dilemma is what is the appropriate light color temperature for the space? I know a higher Kelvin lighting may not look good with all the wood and my thought is the warmer light will enhance wood appearance. I purchased quite a few LED monopoint ceiling lights to project down for task lighting. Lights are by WAC lighting 2700K / 85 CRI / 950 lumens. I have 4 installed out of 14 and they light area well but wanted to be sure I'm going the right direction before installing the rest of them. Thanks for any advice!

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    WrightWorks, LLC
    hace 7 años

We typically use 2700 or 3000k in LED for kitchen task lighting. With all of your natural wood tones, I wouldn't be afraid of going a little cooler (3000k). But if you're happy with the 2700s, I'd stick with them. Especially if you're going to dim them at all.

Erick Johnson agradeció a WrightWorks, LLC
  • PRO
    Ellsworth Design Build
    hace 7 años
    Yes we use 2700-3000 k for most of our residential projects. They very a little brand to brand so you need to test them in the space to see what you like.
    Erick Johnson agradeció a Ellsworth Design Build
  • Lisa G
    hace 7 años

I prefer 2700-3000k everywhere.

Erick Johnson agradeció a Lisa G
  • Erick Johnson
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep installing the rest of lights. Should look great when done.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.