Houzz Logo Print
redmumba

Having trouble finding shelves under wall mounted wine racks

Andrew
hace 7 años

I have this kind of grand idea in my head about having an area underneath the wine racks, but I haven't had any luck finding anything that actually fits on Houzz, Etsy, etc.. I drew in an idea for what I had (ignore the black shelf thing), but nothing I've found looks sleek or modern. I've been leaning towards a natural rustic wood look, with maybe metal stemware holders underneath.

Everybody on these forums seem to have great design sense, so I'm really hoping to get some advice here. Anything you can suggest is appreciated! :)

Comentarios (9)

• rbhirano
    hace 7 años
    Pottery Barn might have something similar to what you are looking for. By the way - it is hard to tell in the picture, but the wine racks look to be high on the wall. I work for a winery - the best place to store your wine is in an interior closet or perhaps a pantry, or somewhere low to the floor, where it is cooler.
  • Andrew
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Thanks, rbhirano! They are a bit high, but they are on an inside wall (I live in a detached townhouse) and don't receive any direct sunlight, so it actually stays quite cool over there. I (5'8") can reach the top level with a little effort, to give you an idea.

The kitchen is also on the third floor, unfortunately, so this is really the only place I could put it without putting it in a bedroom. :)

• rbhirano
    hace 7 años
    Sounds like a good place to keep the wine, then! Haha - kitchen is much better than a bedroom! You could also add a small wine fridge, if you wanted to get fancy. Store your white and rose wine in there and have more room for the reds up top! I have always wanted one of those shelves that hold the glasses - post pictures when you are done!
  • PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    hace 7 años

• PRO
    WineRacks
    hace 7 años

Andrew, there's actually two nice stemware options that would go with the VintageView you already have.

One is the VintageView stemware rack

The other is the Vinolet

• Andrew
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you both for your responses!

@BeverlyFLADeziner: I wish I had taken some woodworking classes in high school, because there are elements I like in each of those, but they're not quite what I'm looking for either. I don't like the boxy look for the stemware holders that have a big shelf above it, but I also want there to be a shelf over the glasses Plus, most of the ones on Etsy et al seem to be very bulky, so wouldn't look very good if I were to mount them underneath a shelf.

@WineRacks: Actually, I had been looking at the "VintageView" rack combined with (maybe) a raw edge floating shelf above it--because I do want there to be a shelf to store open bottles, etc.. The Vinolet looks pretty nice as well--although I wish there was a deeper option. This looks like a new-ish product, based on the comments about it being the first run--do you know if they plan on releasing more varieties? I.e., deeper shelves, nickel finish?

• PRO
    WineRacks
    hace 7 años

Andrew, the Vinolet is actually a limited run and unfortunately I don't believe it will be offered in any other finishes, depths

• katinparadise
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Could you possibly do a floating shelf and add metal stem holders underneath? This comes in a variety of lengths and finishes and is only 1.5" high.

These wine glass holders are made by RevAShelf.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.