Houzz Logo Print
cooperi

Curtain colour against dark blue walls?

cooperi
hace 7 años

Trying to decide on best colour of fabric for a small but cosy reading room. There are 2 windows, the walls are painted very dark blue. Thanks!

Comentarios (6)

• PRO
    RED Interior Design
    hace 7 años

You don't say much about how you want the room to feel (other than to continue being cosy presumably). So with just the photo to base it on I would like you to consider taking inspiration from the lovely pink of the flowers in the photo and go with a bright fuschia-like shot of colour in floor length curtains (not too long, though, just elegantly sitting on the floor) heavy material (a brocade, or felt wool perhaps). Then put a splash of orange into the room too (cushions are great) and accessorise with navy and charcoal grey throws. Good luck.

cooperi agradeció a RED Interior Design
  • A S
    hace 7 años
    I would go for Taupe greige shades too create a neutral atmosphere and add colour using flowers, cushions, etc.

I would consider patterned curtains if the entire room is plain to add some depth and vision.

All the best
    cooperi agradeció a A S
  • PRO
    User
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Love that colour at the moment, just going to do our attic in a similar style. I'd go for a taupe to match the sofa, and a nice texture to it, not just plain and thin, something with a bit of weight and interest.

Something like the Berber Oatmeal from curtains to go might work, get swatches always, and go for thick linings with at least double width as a minimumCurtains to go

cooperi agradeció a User
  • minnie101
    hace 7 años

Hi. I'd go for sage green, a shade or 2 darker than your sofa. Are you having full length ones? (Can't see behind the cabinet to see if they would work but if you are I might look at a linen). I'd also add a touch of burnt orange which will work with the sage and the tan

cooperi agradeció a minnie101
  • PRO
    Kathy Hanson Interiors
    hace 6 años

Hi, I love the colour on the walls!

If you want to keep it cosy you could go for a plain dark colour in say silk or linen or wool to add interest.

You can always add flowers or pattern to cushions then if you get fed up with the pattern (which I do quite quickly)

Navy 100% Silk

you can easily change the cushions at minimum expense.

If you want to go lighter go for a colour similar to your sofa, again something plain but with texture

Taupe 100% Linen kathyhansoninteriors.co.uk

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.