Houzz Logo Print
nikki3284

Help! Should I re-adjust this room and buy the bigger rug?

nikki3284
hace 7 años

Hi all,

Advice needed please! Our living room is fairly narrow and we have two sofas currently against two walls. I purchased a 230x160cm rug with the intention to tuck it under the feet of the larger sofa. To tuck it under both sofas would mean we may as well have carpet as it would cover most of the wooden floor! Here's where it would sit (but would be tucked under).

Here's the other sofa where it currently is (excuse the half decorated walls!):

So my question is, what is I bought in the shorter sofa to make a more cosy sitting area, this would leave a gap behind one sofa. Would this be odd? Am I making the room feel small just to achieve the seating area? I was thinking perhaps a console table to go behind perhaps. There will be a mirror on this wall.

Then, I got thinking, perhaps I could get the larger rug as this would then tuck under both sofas and create the cosy sitting area. So I got the masking tape out! Below is shot from the doorway and you can (hopefully) see the masking tape which would be the size of the larger rug (200x290cm).

This would be the gap to enter the area. Should I worry about the corner of the rug being right there, a potential trip hazard?

I can return this rug and get the larger one but I don't want to go to the extra cost if what I originally had planned is actually okay. I just can't decide!

Thanks in advance of any help.

Comentarios (8)

• Daisy England
    hace 7 años
    I like to rest my feet on carpet.
  • J
    hace 7 años
    Unless your going to pull in the armchair as well as the sofa. I'd go the bigger rug.
  • PRO
    User
    hace 7 años

I'd have to move that radiator and stick it under the shelves with a radiator cabinet cover over it so that the sofa can go against the wall.

You'll gain a foot bigger space at least"

• Claire Harper
    hace 7 años
    Larger rug would drown your room. Beautiful room by the way. Love the rug. It's perfect.
  • PRO
    Hepburn Designs
    hace 7 años

I would go with the bigger rug. Room looks great!

• PRO
    Staging With Style NYC
    hace 7 años

I would go with a larger rug. It will center the room and make it more of a sitting area. If you have a rug pad under the rug, it should not be a hazard. Plus the rug will be weighed down by the sofas.

• allyv61
    hace 7 años
    Bigger rug would help though it's individual preference
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.