Houzz Logo Print
anna_hall69

Fireplace wall

Anna Hall
hace 7 años

this wall is being replaced and I don't know what to do with it! I'm definitely going to hide the tv wires and boxes. And repaint the whole room.

I kinda hate the wood that's behind the tv. But I feel like if we just drywall every thing it will be to plain. So I'm thinking white shiplap. Should I just do above the fireplace or the whole wall?

What about those lights? Keep them or replace them or get rid of them altogether?

Should i add a new mantle and or frame around the fireplace?

Window treatments, currently I can only do tension rods because there is no where to drill in regular curtain rods. I could do blinds though, just never got around to it. So blinds, curtains or nothing at all?

Sorry so many questions but im not good at this stuff!

Fyi, This house is about 90 years old.

Comentarios (10)

• mscsangel
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I'm not a designer so this may not be correct but I think that whatever you do to the fireplace you should have it blend in to your walls rather than stand out - like the pictures above - the fireplaces are mostly the same colour as the walls. Having it a different colour seems to chop up the room rather than acting as a focul point.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

I think without seeing the whole space there is no way to comment but those curtains need to go for sure

• Anna Hall
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

ignore the clutter. Here's to the left of the fireplace, small living room. Any advice greatly appreciated. The curtains are not staying! Lol

• Anna Hall
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I don't know why, maybe it's just my phone, but in the pics I posted everything looks much wider than what it really is

• suedonim75
    hace 7 años

Why can't you drill in regular curtain rods?

• Anna Hall
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Right now I can't do curtain rods because of the wood above the fireplace, there's no room. I'll attach a pic to show what I mean.

But when this gets replaced with all dry wall, what would be the best way to hang curtains? Or would blinds be better

• suedonim75
    hace 7 años

Oh, I see now.

• printesa
    hace 7 años

You will have enough space to drill once the drywall is done. See the last photo I posted,,,the space is pretty much similar to yours

• PRO
    Marino General Contracting
    hace 7 años

It's a great space to work with! The windows flanking the fireplace add a wonderful amount of symmetry. I would suggest (like others have) drywalling the space above the fireplace. If you keep the brick, I would add a frame around the fireplace. If it's in your budget, and you're looking for storage solutions, I would suggest adding cabinets below the windows - it creates storage (for cable box, wifi, etc), and would allow you to decorate the space.

I've attached some images:

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.