Houzz Logo Print
sixbeatsofseparation

Is that a secret door I see?

On the wall of cabinets there is a door opening out.. please explain what that is!
RD Henry Kitchens · Más información

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    Colorado Cabinetry
    hace 7 años

The door next to the double oven opens into a walk-in pantry

• Pamela Hamilton
    hace 4 años

I have a similar application but am having a hard time explaining it to my husband. Is this "hidden" door a standard interior door that has been customized to look like cabinetry? Or is this a cabinet door, ie much thinner than an interior door? It looks a little thicker, but it's hard to tell.

• PRO
    Colorado Cabinetry
    hace 4 años

We typically accomplish the above look by attaching cabinetry door panels to a flat solid core interior door. An alternative option is to split it into two doors (1 RH & 1 LH). With two narrow doors, you can just use cabinet doors with multiple hinges.

• Pamela Hamilton
    hace 4 años

Thank you for the prompt response. That makes sense. When I tried to describe it to the designer and my husband they both acted like I was nuts. (You can't have a cabinet door going to the basement!!) I will give it another run...and show them both your response.

• PRO
    Colorado Cabinetry
    hace 4 años

You are welcome. Good luck!

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.