Houzz Logo Print
tbchic

Kitchen Hardware - Brass pulls and knobs yes or no?

tbchic
hace 7 años

We are going with a white linen shaker cabinet. The kitchen is open to living area and breakfast nook.

Our tile selections are below and consist of a vein cut limestone subway backsplash, a quartz marble look counter top and a warm grey floor tile (can't do wood). I will be bringing wood elements with the stools and table in the nook area. Living area has wood and brown leather chairs.

I am trying to bring some warmth to the cooler elements and thought brass would help do that.

What do you think? Should I do brass or go with a polished nickel?

If brass should I do the doors a simple knob or use the pull? https://www.atgstores.com/cabinet-pulls/lews-hardware-31-11-round-bar-pull_g2247215.html

First pic is cabinet and layout rendering (not floor or counter choices)

2nd is material choices:

grey tile - floor

marble - counters

subway limestone - backsplash

3rd are inspiration pic and another link :

http://www.studio-mcgee.com/studioblog/2015/6/18/before-and-after-robin-road-kitchen-remodel

Comentarios (11)

• gisele0820
    hace 7 años
    Try copper.
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

@tbchic

Please DON'T use that back splash with the marble tops. Rarely if ever are TWO stones a wise idea next to one another. and in this case the tones are way off. Soft brass is a lovely accent, is beautiful with deep grays and stainless. Re select the splash, or better yet REPEAT the marble right up the splash. Failing that, a soft and pale gray ceramic subway with matching grout, or even a simple white subway chosen on site, after tops are installed. Either can be installed in a herringbone pattern as well.

I'd stick to all pulls on the hardware, and consider repeating the brass accent in lighting over the wood table

( a counter depth stainless fridge as well. )

• tbchic
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Points taken Jan. If I were to change the countertops how can I achieve the look in these inspiration pics? Go with a plain white quartz?

(fridge is counter depth.)

Modern Loft Kitchen · Más información

Wine Country Retreat · Más información

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 7 años

@tbchic

A wise choice for counter in simple white quartz! Your look will be
    modern and I think you love your back splash more than the marble selection : ) Go for
    it !A subtle dash of wood, a bit of WARM AND SOFT brass accent, and I think you will be as "inspired" as your photos!

• tbchic
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks Jan - I do like that pendant.

I guess I will have to continue to decide what I want most. The backsplash or the counters. I do really love the counters, but I also like the clean modern look of the limestone and keep going back to it. The room is airy with windows, high ceilings and lots of light looking to the backyard.

If I went with the marble counters and a simple backsplash (no limestone) can I still incorporate a limestone plank fireplace like the link below?

or would the limestone backsplash and white quartz counters better compliment the fireplace?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/39828777934491923/

Thanks for your help!

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 7 años

@tbchic

All good design involves editing. It involves REFUSAL. You obviously love the effect of the limestone. You aren't listening too your own "voice" and it is clearly telling you what to do. You need not love every single selection EQUALLY to love your result on whole. In fact, the reverse is true, and it is why these pages are overloaded with OOPSIEs. most a result of overthink and lack of editing.

Edit and curate your space, It doesn't take nine million different things, and it won't "take" them well. You have your statement.....in the limestone fireplace and splash. Don't muddy up your message with marble. : ) Everyone can not star in any show. There has to be a supporting actor.....and even the guy who just yanks the curtain.

Use the limestone in two places, and keep the counter top simply white. ......beautiful.

• tbchic
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Point taken
  • tbchic
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Part of my comment did not make it lol.

I will make sure to go look at white quartz counters and hopefully find a nice match.

Do I match the white quartz identically with my cabinets?
  • PRO
    Knockout Knobs
    hace 7 años

@tbchic

You should check out Knockout Knobs! You can design custom knobs, handles, and hooks to perfectly complement your kitchen!

Here are photos of some of our products:

• tbchic
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I am waiting on the pure white counter sample for my modern look, but have also pulled together a more traditional look.

How about these? No backsplash yet but thinking some sort of subway or white arabesque. I also like the silver encore crackle. White square is cabinet color. Rectangle marble counter and wood look tile.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.