Houzz Logo Print
rina_patel50

Small bathroom - modern tiles?

AR Ideas
hace 7 años

Hi, We struggling in choosing tiles that are suitable for our two small bathrooms. One is an en suite with shower 1.2m by 2.4m and the family bathroom is 1.6m by 2.4m. Windows will be in anthracite grey. What size, colour should we go for, and should we tile the bath tub panel?

Comentarios (5)

• PRO
    OnePlan
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

If you haven't already ordered your en suite - I'd suggest you go for a concealed cistern for your loo that sits in the actual wall stud work - to allow you max space for gaining access to your shower (which I assume has an ident or slider opening door ? ) you need to grab every inch of space you can - and this will help enormously...

(sorry I'm no help on tiles, as I don't really like them!)

• AR Ideas
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thanks for the advice, yes we looking at a slim frame that will sit in the wall and a compact wall hung toilet. Shower will be a slider.

What would you go for instead of tiles?
  • PRO
    Topology Interiors
    hace 7 años

If you go for small tiles, the sheer amount of them will make the space feel bigger, something like mosaics would work well. My personal favourite tiles are metro tiles, which you could use on the bottom half of your walls and then the top half of your walls in paint - this will create the illusion of tall, spacious walls. For more advice get in touch www.topologylondon.co.uk Best of luck!

• PRO
    Anna Auzins Interiors Ltd.
    hace 7 años

Hi, Rina,

I'a big fan of very simple tiling -- in a small bathroom larger tiles can give a smoother look. 300 x 600 mm tiles work well, in a ever-so-slightly patterned neutral colour. These cover the space well, don't look too fussy, but because they aren't just a solid colour also add some interest. Also the larger tiles means less grout, and it's the grout that gets dirty in bathrooms....

Yes, I'd tile up the bath panel for a seamless look, and probably also fully up the walls, unless your ceilings are extremely high.

Using the same tiles on the floor as the walls also helps give a unified, unfussy look, not to mention making it easier for the tiler.

And I absolutely agree about the concealed cistern! And wall-hung WC and basin; anything that is off the floor adds to the sense of space, and is so much easier to keep clean!

• PRO
    Parker Bathrooms & Kitchens
    hace 7 años
    Hi Rina,

We agree something like 60x30 tiles work work well in both room sets. Something like an ivory work be the safe option. If you want to be a bit more adventurous look into 20x20 cement pattern tiles. The colour range that's available is stunning. For alternative wall coverings look at products like Silkie board or showerwall. There's also Corina which we've used before.
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.