Houzz Logo Print
v_kruk

Where can I buy folding windows (accordion; bi-fold)

v_kruk
hace 7 años

They're so hard to find. Im in FL. Would like to know of a dealer around here. Or even if I need to order it out of state, I'd probably be fine with that. Thank you

Comentarios (18)

• User
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

20K window. Plus the structural changes needed. Any real millwork store can help you with designing with them and installation.

• lefty47
    hace 7 años

HI -- Nanawall.com ... they might be able to help you .

• gtcircus
    hace 7 años
    Unless you live in an area with no flying insects there would be maybe three days a year you could actually open that window and utilize it.
  • ycity
    hace 7 años
    That's one of my favorite houzz kitchens!!! We hardly use our bifold door because of the bug reason mentioned above, and also we like to keep the cold air in.
  • PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

There is a reason the gods made screens. Hope you're fine when a bird flies in, gets panicky and starts pooping all over your lamp shades. .........: )

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

One of those looks great functions poorly things but nanawall should be able to help.I visit Miami Beach and our friends keep the windows and doors shut to keep the cold air inside and the heat and humidity out so would not work there IMO

• Tems
    hace 7 años

I suggest a grill for cooking outside

• User
    hace 7 años

The 20K windows are for a supposedly 30K tiny home that would fall apart with those windows placed in conventional construction rolling down the road. The whole thing would need a welded steel framework. Especially in FL. Hurricane safety is no joke.

Thank goodness tiny homes are now coming under the building codes. Too many people don't understand basic building, or even basic automobile safety. They are a combination of the worst of both.

• PRO
    Fenstermann LLC
    hace 7 años

Hey There: I went through the comments for your post and here is our intake to it. These windows don't cost $20K - there are muss less expensive. But I also have to agree, that they are not very practical because of mosquitos and hot weather in FL - even with screens you can open them only a few times a year. Also keep in mind, that you should get impact windows for the hurricane season.

Good Luck on your project.

• Angela Smith
    hace 4 años

So did you find someone to do this window for you? I am considering something similar for my kitchen that will open up on a semi-enclosed back porch/patio. I’m not sure that I can find anything like this in my area, due to being very rural. I didnt even know they were put in a tiny house, the place I saw it first was in a home in New Zealand. Because of our family size and my children now being adults, I wanted to use it similar to a pass through.

• Piney Jim
    hace 3 años

I love this "pass through" window

idea and just yesterday Ordered an Anderson folding door (window) for our kitchen rennovation. 68" wide x 48 tall. it's a 3 panel folding window - all panels will swing out. I paid $8.5K including hardware and tax. It is a custom item. The center panel will be centered over our (new, TBD) sink. Inside Counter top will "flow" to an outside bar area/paver patio/firepit/ outdoor kitchen area. I'm researcing retractable insect screens now. The Anderson Screen is crazy expensive and I hear, poor quality.

• Usuario de Houzz-536581894
    hace 3 años

Paying 20k for an exterior folding window (a.k.a, accordion style window) would be an over-pay by QUITE a bit, including the cost of installation. For anyone who stumbled on this page in search of similar answers for your project, Novare Enterprises (novaredoors.com) out of Houston TX makes a good product and they seem to be very affordable. They use the same hardware as the big name competitors and can custom build to your specs.

• PRO
    Novare Enterprises
    hace 2 años

Thank you for your recommendation to use us!

• dvannoy
    hace 2 años

Im looking for one too, but $8,000. cant do that price. anyone find one cheaper?

• PRO
    Novare Enterprises
    hace 2 años

@dvannoy Contact us with your project. Include dimensions and details on what you are trying to achieve. We'll be happy to send a free estimate. Novare Enterprises

• Desiree Figer
    hace 2 años

@Piney Jim how did your projecg turn out with the Anderson folding window?

• Jennifer Owens
    el último año

I’m looking for a folding door and window. I was quoted $25,000 from Lowes. I believe it was Anderson. I was quoted $13,000 from Home Depot Milgard. The door is 12’x8, and the window is 7’x4’. The window was quoted Anderson, also Home depot for $15,000. Are they out their minds? Well I am having Novare quote so I’m crossing my fingers. Otherwise I’ll go with a standard window with a slider that’s $900.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.