Houzz Logo Print
carolina_flores10

Is Gray the New White in Kitchen cabinets?

Carolina Flores
hace 7 años
I'm struggling with this.

Comentarios (13)

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

I love gray but IMO a white kitchen is timeless and I would choose to paint walls a gray if you like it a much cheaper option to have gray somewhere

• rebecca42
    hace 7 años

no, it is a fad that is at its end and will date your kitchen.

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

No. Put the gray somewhere less permanent. I'd skip the floor for gray as well. The reason white cabinetry , whether a built in bookshelf, or the bath, or the kitchen never goes away....? It "goes"! With everything.

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

no, but if you long for some grey cabinetry do the island that color. down the road it can always be painted the next color du jour.

• ycity
    hace 7 años
    I'm starting to see super dark grey or black for kitchen cabinetry.
  • PRO
    R G MILLER (YBC)
    hace 7 años

In my opinion, gray is not the the New White. As mentioned above, I believe White is timelesss. Gray is extremely popular and we will have to see how long it stays around. There are whites with a gray tone to them, that will keep that timeless feel.

• PRO
    R G MILLER (YBC)
    hace 7 años

Cabinet companies are still adding more gray colors to their lines of cabinets, and that is a good indicator of a color's popularity.

• Bailey R
    hace 7 años

OMG I hope not. White for me always. Classic look for both, traditional & contemporary kitchens.

• Bailey R
    hace 7 años

Now that I think about it, white is the new gray for walls, etc. there are a few houses being revamped in my neighborhood--- using whites on both the exterior & interior . This is a big change from the last several years of gray plague !

• L P. D.
    hace 7 años
    White is timeless yes but if you did white w a "glaze" and too many ornate features i.e. Chunky fancy korbels etc. or a dark w heavy movement granite well then that's now dated too. Its always something that will date a kitchen and impossible to be truly timeless. If you love it then go for it and pls yourself!
  • PRO
    Knight Kitchens Ed Stoehr
    hace 7 años

Do what you like, gray is popular, but so is white. Remember that kitchens get dirty. I am not saying that pancake batter will be less noticeable on gray than white. Many people are becoming burdened in an attempt to keep their cabinetry clean.

• tedbixby
    hace 7 años

These white "timeless" kitchen discussions crack me up. So if you had a 1940's white "timeless" kitchen, you'd still have it because it is timeless? No, you wouldn't as there would be reasons to change it from the style of the cabinets to the counter top material, flooring to the back splash, etc. Yes, white in itself is timeless color but just because it is used in the kitchen doesn't make it a timeless kitchen. Oh boy, ladies don't beat me up on this one Remember New Yrs Resolution- Be Kind :)

White kitchens are "safe" for the resale market but if you are planning to live in your house for longer than 5yrs do what you love and you'll be much happier with it and will have it longer than doing what is "in" at the moment.

Retro Kitchen Images From The 1940s and 1950s Scrapbook · Más información

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.