Houzz Logo Print
marieoffutt

weird trim was installed. is this right?

marie Offutt
hace 7 años

Our cabinet installer put extra depth in our toe kicks to cover the flooring seam. But he didn't bring the trim on the side to meet it in a mitered corner! Four corners look like this. Is this the way it's done? Am I wrong to ask him to come back and make it right?

Comentarios (8)

• sallylanglois
    hace 7 años

Was he perhaps planning to come back and install a short piece of outside corner molding there to pull it all together? I've seen that done by many installers though it's not my first preference.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

Get him back to do this properly

• PRO
    Dean Brenneman Architect
    hace 7 años

Installation of cabinets is an area where the installer often has a lot of discretion, as there are such a large universe of individual conditions and solutions that there is no one standard procedure. Having said all of that, this detail isn't something I would allow on a high-end custom kitchen - but I might accept on a budget-driven job. If you bought your cabinets from Home Depot or Lowes, you are probably fighting an uphill battle. If you purchased through a builder, an interior designer, or an independent kitchen dealer, then I would expect better.

• marie Offutt
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Yes, this is Lowes. But I'm holding out hope that he will come back and make it right when he comes back to do the three other things left unfinished. Thanks for the advice!

• User
    hace 7 años

Call lowes n complain, n don't make any payments until its fixed.

• User
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I have found with great success that if you speak directly to the store manager of Lowes you will get good results. By that I mean show up in person with photo's and all paperwork.

• wacokid
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

The trim pieces might have come in that length? Did your cabinets fit flush against the wall? You probably will have to order another piece so he can lengthen all of them. Have the piece there when he comes back. He might have some trim left over?

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.