Houzz Logo Print
lwfromny

Need help with drawer pulls!

lwfromny
hace 7 años

I am remodeling a 1930s home and need to select drawer pulls for the kitchen. I really love the Restoration Hardware Aubrey pull (first photo below). I love the character of it, that it looks classic but not expected. However I do not like the idea of having four holes drilled per pull. I'm concerned that someday when I'm ready to refresh the look of the kitchen and I want to change the pulls, I will have a problem because the likelihood I will find replacements pulls needing four holes is slim to none. So I've been hunting high and low for a very similar pull with the normal two holes. The problem is everything else I see has less "presence" on the plates - the end plates of everything else I'm seeing are punier. Also on the Aubrey I like 90(ish) degree curvature of the handle. The others I see have a much less squared off curve. I'm finding lots of stuff that looks like the second photo, which bores me to tears. Does anyone out there know of a polished nickel or polished chrome pull that looks very similar to Aubrey but with two holes? I know I'm being particular, but the devil is in the details :). Thanks!

Comentarios (22)

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

I have found a couple that might serve your needs. You will have to compromise a bit, but here they are:

Amerock Allison 170CH Pull, Polished Chrome, 3" · Más información
    This is very reasonably priced, although with chrome, you might have finish problems down the road. However, this is close to the shape you seek, but with a raised base for a 2 screw application.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

Chrome Drawer Pulls, 3 3/4 in. · Más información
    Similar but looks like 4 screws. I like this one better than the one you posted. If you have to do 4 screws, this one is more decorative and not so utilitarian. But you may want the utilitarian look?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

Polished Nickel Drawer Pulls, 4 5/8" · Más información
    Close again, but might be a little too modern?

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

I like the Amerock one best so far. Will keep a eye out.

• lwfromny
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Flo thank you for all the suggestions - lol I like the last one the best. So the one you like least I like best :). It IS a little modern looking but it's the closest to the RH pull - the squarish design is much more appealing to me than the more rounded. It's funny - as I'm looking at all these I'm realizing that I think one of the other reasons I like the RH is that I like the exposed screws. Maybe because it's just a hair industrial looking or something. At any rate thank you so much - if you see more that you think might work please share, and in the meantime I'll check out the last one.

• Joy
    hace 7 años
    Could be pricey?
  • PRO
    Madden, Slick & Bontempo, Inc
    hace 7 años

Here are a couple that I found on Build.com. They are available in multiple finishes and sizes. Granted, they don't have the exposed screw, but they do have a similar feel to them.

Jeffrey Alexander MO6373-128PC · Más información

Rusticware 982CH · Más información

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años
    My reason for my choice was because of what I thought you wanted! lol. There are good options. You might want to go to a local architectural antique supply place. I'll bet you could get close to what you want. Alternatively you could do a mix of pulls! Just depends on what overall look you are going for.
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años
  • chiflipper
    hace 7 años

http://www.kbhardware.com/Cabinet-Hardware_Cabinet-Pulls_Arch-Pulls/52-901-1775-0/list.aspx?bid=cat

This site has a huge selection and it appears they might have a few to your liking. Personally, I like the Aubrey pull. Don't worry so much about "in the future", if you love them buy them.

lwfromny agradeció a chiflipper
  • Joy
    hace 7 años
    I think this is what you want. https://www.knobs.co/artisan-suite-cabinet-pull-b622-3-ab/?gclid=CIXz49qW2dACFYaGaQod6JoFqQ

Artisan Suite Cabinet Pull in Chrome, 1 exposed screw, square shaped.
    lwfromny agradeció a Joy
  • Anne Duke
    hace 7 años
    Look at the LeeValley Hardware website. It takes a bit of persistence to navigate, but worth it in the end.
    lwfromny agradeció a Anne Duke
  • ycity
    hace 7 años
    I have the artisan pulls that Joy posted. They are great! I have them in satin nickel but didn't see that as an option in the link she posted.
    lwfromny agradeció a ycity
  • whocareswhoiam
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Definitely go with your gut that tells you NOT to use the four screws - because you are right - it limits future change (unless you use a "fill" or a pull that covers the holes).

lwfromny agradeció a whocareswhoiam
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

Just for info, chrome requires a fair amount of maintenance simply because little marks from water and hand prints collect and show. I am not saying don't do the chrome, but do know that brushed nickel is more forgiving in this regard. Hands in the kitchen inevitably are wet and sometimes greasy etc., so put that into your decision-making hopper!

lwfromny agradeció a Flo Mangan
  • lwfromny
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Flo is the same true for the polished nickle? I've never had nickle. I really want something polished vs brushed.

• PRO
    S Mistry Interiors
    hace 7 años

Oh but Chrome is sooooo pretty!

• lwfromny
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

@ycity would you be willing to post a picture of the pulls that @Joy posted so I can see them? It's so hard to tell from a catalog what things will look like in real life. I like those the best so far but ouch - that price! Thank you @joy for the suggestion!

Thank you SO MUCH to everyone else who had contributed so far - it is very generous of you to help and I see several options that are worth pursuing!

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

If you love the chrome -- go for it. Nickel is poor substitute.

• Joy
    hace 7 años
    So playing around with the SKU number there is another pull likes this one. It sells for $11.70 per pull, but (there is always a but) it comes only in black, antique gold, or iron. SKU is Z622-3-AB. Type it into the search area of the last post that I made. Iron would be the one remotely close to what you want.
    lwfromny agradeció a Joy
  • PRO
    Knockout Knobs
    hace 7 años

If you do not find what you are looking for, you can always custom design a pull to perfectly match your expectations and Knockout Knobs is the place to do it! We create custom 3-D printed knobs, pulls, and hooks to add to all of your cabinetry! You create a design and we create the product. All of our designs can be printed in a variety of metals and finishes. Look at our website to see if we have what you are looking for! Your Passion Your Design Your Hardware

lwfromny agradeció a Knockout Knobs
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.