Houzz Logo Print
tommyflan

POLL: Herringbone pattern - yay or nay?

Tom Flanagan
hace 7 años

It's one of those patterns that pops up all over the place - herringbone is just everywhere! Primarily used for flooring purposes, it's symmetrical geometric design is a hit for many of us.

But are you one of them?

Surrey Project · Más información

Yay - I'm a fan!
Nay - it's not for me
Eh, I'm on the fence

Comentarios (14)

• PRO
    Resi Design Ltd.
    hace 7 años

Great twist that looks great on walls or floors

• PRO
    Best4flooring Ltd
    hace 7 años

It's a lovely parquet design and seems to be getting more popular again too, particularly in the LVT.

• Sonia
    hace 7 años

A classic which has had a revival,. I love it whether wood or stone for floors, but I think it can be overpowering on walls.

• PRO
    User
    hace 7 años

Love them - prefer herringbone to chevron. Have been looking at Havwoods options for a while, but know there are plenty of solutions. I assume installation cost is higher than standard t&g boards though.

• Jane Bateman
    hace 7 años

Looks great on Elizabethan external brick walls and wool, I'd leave it at that.

• PRO
    In Ex Design
    hace 7 años

We love herringbone patterns! A classic look which is great on flooring and walls. We've got herringbone parquet flooring being laid on site in a Kitchen Living area at one of our current projects - can't wait to see how it turns out. We look forward to sharing the final result on Houzz!

• PRO
    Stronghold Wood Floors
    hace 7 años

Catalogue's in the post!! To fiftypointeight and In Ex Design

• PRO
    Mid-Century Online
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I can't get enough Herringbone at the moment, that goes for fabrics too. Gorgeous on floors and furniture.

• PRO
    Tom Gavin Tiles and Flooring
    hace 7 años

Herringbone or Parquet flooring is a classic for a reason-its timeless, looks amazing and in the right finish can last for DECADES! A solid Oak woodblock herringbone floor that we laid in 1993 is still going strong, with very little wear and tear visible. Pretty good going for 23 years!

• PRO
    d & b
    hace 7 años
    it all depends what you're after, for example it will be perfect for a modern home with a Deco Twist, or turn of the last century decor, like a classic home, it will not be acceptable in a contemporary home with specific contemporary features.
  • PRO
    The Heritage Tiling Co
    hace 7 años

Love this. Not many doing this anymore, sadly.

• PRO
    Floor Monster
    hace 7 años

We love herringbone and Chevron boards, and have a fine selection in engineered, so ideal for stability and suitable for Under floor heating. We have some great options let us know if we can help in any way!! https://www.floormonster.co.uk/engineered-wood.html?plank_finish=282

• lisa77226
    hace 7 años
    I have always loved this look. I screams Parisian to me, though I don't know why. I've just bought a new build so have to do all the flooring and my current dilemma is whether or not to do just the entrance and hallway or the whole ground floor in herringbone. Maybe that's a poll question later! :)
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.