Houzz Logo Print
heidi121212

Contemporary Lighting for Dining Room

heidi121212
hace 7 años

Hello, I am looking for advice regarding Lighting for my Contemporary Dining Room. Should I go with all Pot Lights or a combination of one center Pendant and Pot Lights? Are there design rules to follow? Thanks in advance for your input!

Comentarios (5)

• D J
    hace 7 años
    It depends on the size of the room.
    If it's a big dining room, a combination would be nice.
    4 recessed in each corner and your pendant in the middle.
    If you plan to have a console, then two on top of it would be nice.
    No matter what you do, put them on two separate switches with a dimmers.
  • PRO
    Hobrecht Lighting Design & Décor
    hace 7 años

I agree with Bere. It depends on the size of your room. Do you have a photo of your room? Put recessed lights in the corners for general lighting, or space them 4' apart for more lighting. If you just do the corners use a single fixture over the table. How large is your table? Generally you want to go with a fixture half the length of your table; ie, a 60" table would use a 30" fixture. That rule is flexible though. Feel free to browse our website and ask questions if you need more help! We ship as well! http://www.hobrechtl1.com/

• heidi121212
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks for the input. The room is 14' X 12', and under renovations. We will have a large table in the middle. We rarely use this room, but our floor plan will open concept....so I'm just wondering if I should install a pendant light while I still can. I just want to keep the look contemporary and clean.

• PRO
    Hobrecht Lighting Design & Décor
    hace 7 años

No problem! That is a good sized room, so if you are going to just do recessed lights in the corners I would definitely put something over the table to give you more task and general lighting. If it is a really long table a linear fixture would give you the best lighting over the table, or a larger pendant would work as well, or even the 2 pendant look is becoming really popular. There are many contemporary fixtures that would work for what you need. Our website has great search filters where you can narrow down what you are looking for as far as size, color, style, price etc. Let me know if you need some ideas!

• disfromage
    hace 7 años

Our dining room is about the same size. We just installed 4 recessed lights that use MR-16 bulbs in the corners of the room, and we have a fixture over the table. It worked out very well.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.