How can I brighten up my 9 year old daughter and 2 year olds playroom

Comentarios (14)

• sarahmccann72
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Other views
  • A B
    hace 7 años

get loads of cheap empty frames on that bare wall and they can create their own works of art :) I love the rug- you could also pick one or 2 colours out of that for a blind and oversized cushion floor seating

• Angie
    hace 7 años
    There's nowhere for them or you to sit as far as I can see. Get a brightly coloured sofa perhaps, or some bean bags. Ask the girls what they would like. As suggested above, use their artwork to brighten the walls. The room needs a "cosy factor" to encourage its use, hence the seating suggestion.
    Angie
  • PRO
    Litecraft
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Hi Sarah,

I agree with all the suggestions so far there are so many ways you can add pops of colour! Have you given mood lighting a thought? Here have a look at these and see what you think, we have them in all different colours and pretty designs. this particular one has the choice of 64 colours!

Philips Disney Children Living Colours Table Lamp

Philips Disney Kid's LED Micro Table Lamp

We have an array of children's lighting if you would like to take a look here.

You can also check out our blog post on children's lighting here.

I hope this helps and would love to see the end results when it's done. For a any further questions please feel free to email us at customerservice@litecraft.co.uk or call us on 0161 359 4777

Kind Regards,

Litecraft Team

• Emmanuelle
    hace 7 años
    What about adding a seating corner, where the little white table is at the moment? Here some ideas I liked because of the way they separated the area thanks to paint on the wall. I would add a big map on the wall, a funky stag head, Edison bulbs ( just plug in socket and attach flex on a hook) , mini library shelf next to seating, a black board... Doesn't need to cost a lot!! I attached couple of pics from our little library and map ( all cheap finds !) and a couple of pics of paint ideas I love!
  • PRO
    Wallsauce
    hace 7 años

Hi Sarah,

We've got some really exciting murals that would look great in any playroom!

Above is one of our customer's photos of her little boy's bedroom, but if your children aren't into dinosaurs, we have lots of other animal murals!

Let us know if we can help! :)

Nicole @ Wallsauce.com

• Diana Seymour
    hace 7 años

We have a large wall sticker of a tree and little animals and birds in it. That fills up a wall, and can be removed if you want to decorate in a different colour one day.

• Natalie Tan
    hace 7 años
    Wall stickers are cheap, easy to apply and easy to change if your kids get bored. We have one small corner wall painted with chalk board paint and have a small shelf attached for chalks. Beanbags are great for comfortable seating, and you could incorporate a reading corner too
  • PRO
    Inkmill Vinyl
    hace 7 años

Hi There,

As Natalie suggested wall stickers are an easy solution. We also make chalkboard stickers as well so you just apply them to the wall instead of painting.

If you like modern scandi style black and white children's rooms, take a look at our blog Monochrome Nursery Ideas for some inspiration

Kids Wall Stickers - Murals, height charts, name banners & decals for kids rooms · Más información

If you prefer some colour then this blog will have some ideas for you to try - 10 Inspiring Wall Stickers for Kids

Kids Wall Stickers - Murals, height charts, name banners & decals for kids rooms · Más información

• PRO
    Ecoflap
    hace 7 años

I was going to suggest chalkboards - my daughter carefully peeled off all the stickers I put on her walls when she was small so I'd avoid those personally! Whiteboards are also good fun but they can get a bit wild and accidentally catch the walls with the pen.

What does your daughter think? She might want some proper desk space now she's getting a wee bit older, not necessarily for schoolwork but just for writing, drawing and so on. A table can also be handy for Lego.

I have an older daughter and younger son nearly 7 years apart. I found my daughter used the playroom less and less as she got older (well into her teens now) so my son could take it over and spread out car mats and so on on the floor.

• PRO
    Occipinti
    hace 7 años

I'm loving the suggestions so far. I have to agree with angm47, you need to cost it up and get some seating in there!

You also probably need to think about wether or not you want it to be a complete kids room using things like kiddy wall stickers or integrate it with the rest of your home. I personally would try and integrate it so it flows with the rest of the rooms in your house. You can still do this whilst creating a playroom feeling.

Below is a perfect example of how to mix kids & grown ups! playful sophistication!!

Van's Room · Más información

I had a client that made beanbags and curtains out of my herringbone fabric. It was a nice in-between for kids & adults with a playful feel that doesn't scream kids.

Herringbone, Cobalt fabric · Más información

Hope this is helpful!

• PRO
    Create Perfect
    hace 7 años
    I can recommend Ink Vinyl.. used them for several projects and the products are great with some great designs if you didn't want to design something yourself (which you can also do with them!)
    I would have a height chart and some smaller little pops over colour.. birds is a great idea which I think someone else mentioned :)
  • PRO
    Pixers
    hace 7 años

Maybe some stickers will help? They could make it by themselves

http://bit.ly/creative_letters

Or a colorful map? So they can learn something interesting about different countries? http://bit.ly/map_color :)

Or just regular colorful space to stir their imagination and creativity, like this one:

http://bit.ly/clouds_colors

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.