Houzz Logo Print
kkely05

Help me dress up my foyer please!

kkely05
hace 7 años
Hello guys, im not good at this so im here looking for you guys suggestion on what to add to my foyer, im finishing the clear coat on my stairs right now so it looks messy but please help so i can finish at least this part of the house! Thanks in advance.

Comentarios (23)

• Judy Mishkin
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

color. and no shoes, ever. 0 pairs.

• PRO
    kkely05
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I know! But consider that we are moving things around, and before i got too busy i took these pictures, what do you mean about color?
  • er612
    hace 7 años

• PRO
    kkely05
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    @er612 love the rug idea! Were did you find it?
  • PRO
    kkely05
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    @RAMSAY GOURD ARCHITECTS i kinda love every style, thats why its hard for me, i would say right now transitional is what im trying to go with, i would take any advice you have. Thanks
  • PRO
    kkely05
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    @RAMSAY GOURD ARCHITECTS i don't mind if i have to cover the floor especially that we have the cold weather!
  • User
    hace 7 años

A really cool space! I do, however, thing your entry way could benefit from a bit of warmth. Consider, perhaps, replacing the two pieces on top of the table with warmth. Consider wood fixtures, with a modern shape. A different texture- not rustic, but warmer.

The other choice could be replacing the mirror with a wooden frame, still of a modern shape.

BTW; The shoes crack me up. They would last 3 1/2 minutes in my house, before my Beagle sniffed them out and, oh yes- pulls out the insoles. :)

• PRO
    kkely05
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    @902juanita here too if they get bored lol! Do you have any pictures to share of your suggestions? Im choosing basic colors because im afraid to mess it up !
  • PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    hace 7 años

Being in the Oriental rug business, I always see a blank canvas in which to add a rug to your space. Here's a round handknotted Chobi Ziegler rug that could work in this space.

• PRO
    kkely05
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    @Rugknots Oriental Rugs beautiful!!!! Thanks for your suggestion, i have one question... if my wall color is gray would a rug with the under tone beige look good?
  • er612
    hace 7 años

Here's a link to the rug: https://www.allmodern.com/Athens-Black-Area-Rug-312-UNLO1106.html?PiID[]=14547887&source=hotdeals

• PRO
    kkely05
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    @er612 thank you so much!
  • PRO
    RugKnots | Area Rugs
    hace 7 años

@kkely05, good question! looking at your gray wall in the image, it looks like it will if you want to warm up the area. The black field will surely coordinate nicely with the walls.

• PRO
  • Linda
    hace 7 años
    Your foyer is gorgeous - well done!

I'd probably have pedestals at either side of the door for the lanterns, also I think the candles need to be bigger.

Is that a black vase on the floor, if yes I'd move that, depending on the size and if you love it try it in the foyer table.

I'd take the other items off the table then take more pics with the area clear of everything that isn't staying. : )
  • calidesign
    hace 7 años

Remove all the items from the floor (vase and lanterns) and just add a large rug with some pattern or color. Either round or rectangular. If you use a rectangular one, make it long enough to reach to the sidelights. I like your glass and white table arrangement.

• PRO
    kkely05
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    @Linda thanksssss! It is a black vase, i was looking for something to add to that lil extra space btween the table and the stairs since a chair wont fit, tomorrow i will place things back and post a picture, do you have any suggestion on the look of the pedestal?
  • Linda
    hace 7 años

i think acrylic pedestals would be lovely, it would give you the height and wouldn't detract from that awesome foyer.

Looking forward to more pics : )

• everdebz
    hace 7 años

I'm not in the rug business - this warm eggplant rug? Maybe another mirror could have a very slight distressed finish to further warm up the look.

Caesar Area Rug, Eggplant, Round 6' · Más información

• everdebz
    hace 7 años

24" for $200.

Howard Elliott Jansen Octagonal Mirror · Más información

• Linda
    hace 7 años

Any update or pics?

• PRO
    kkely05
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    @linda, i will post tomorrow ok
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.