Houzz Logo Print
tccsp11

I need help deciding on cabinet brand/material! Quick please!

housebuilding126
hace 7 años

I am trying to decide between Wellborn Select cabinets and Marsh Furniture cabinets. The biggest difference is the paint and door materials. The Wellborn has a "Wellguard" finish - a patented process with melamine enriched top coats and UV cured. The Marsh Furniture cabinets just put 3 coats of paint and 2 coats of sealer. We will be doing white and gray cabinets. The other difference is the door fronts - Marsh has maple stiles and mdf center panel. The Wellborn has a completely MDF cabinet door. Any experiences or expert advice is greatly appreciated. I need to make the choice today! Thank you!

Comentarios (11)

• _sophiewheeler
    hace 7 años

You might as well do Ikea laminate cabinets for less money. I don't think Wellborn is worth the additional $$. Marsh certainly isn't.

housebuilding126 agradeció a _sophiewheeler
  • housebuilding126
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Sophie Wheeler can I ask why you don't like either brand? Ikea won't really fit our needs (custom sizes).

• housebuilding126
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Patricia Colwell Consulting - I am concerned about the MDF in areas like under the sink and in the bathroom, since it swells when it gets wet. Is that not a concern? Does the paint seal it well?

• linlac
    hace 7 años
    I've had Wellborn painted maple cabinets for ten years now. They are definitely not babied in this house and have held up perfectly. No chips or peeling paint problems. I will use them again on my next renovation.
    housebuilding126 agradeció a linlac
  • PRO
    Dennisbilt Fine Cabinetry & Design
    hace 7 años

Mdf is a good stable material for the center panel of a cabinet door no explanation or contraction under normal conditions . you are correct on the part of water problems can happen if you neglected to wipe them down of moisture . for the most part if it is a hard wood frame around the panel and the Mdf panel is caulked in with 3 coats of paint and 2coats of sealer it will be fine. if you are concerned about water damage to any thing it should be inside the cabinet if those prefab cabinets you are looking at are melamine interiors that is where you're problems will be .and if they do make there cabinets out of that stuff the doors will last longer the cabinets

housebuilding126 agradeció a Dennisbilt Fine Cabinetry & Design
  • housebuilding126
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you everyone! Your experiences are very helpful!

• southernbelle55
    hace 7 años

Can I ask what cabinets you went with? We are looking at Marsh and just can't find very many reviews. Thanks!

• azvab
    hace 7 años

I am NOT a fan of white MDF cabinets. Would never use MDF again and would instead go w/ painted wood if I was wanting white.

• CLTmomof4
    hace 7 años

I would like to know what cabinet you went with as well? I have considered Marsh and I just came across Wellborn as well. We want a white painted cabinet and I need a finish that can take some abuse :)

• Ashley Collinsworth
    hace 5 años
    We are considering wellborn painted maple or met for white cabinets or waypoint painted maple too since its cost are little more affordable for painted wood.
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.