Houzz Logo Print
jessie_hubbard

French country redo..

Jessie Hubbard
hace 7 años

I am in the process of redoing my kitchen in the French country/provincial style that I love.. I bought a beautiful copper hanging pot rack BUT there is already an ugly fan/light that will be in close proximity to where the rack will be. I need ideas on the type of lighting I should replace it with. I don't really want it to compete with the pot rack. Any ideas please?

Comentarios (8)

• PRO
    Mary Baldwin Interiors
    hace 7 años

Hi Jessie,

Without seeing a picture ... I would take down the fan/light, repair the hole in the ceiling, and do recessed ceiling lights. Hope this helps!

Mary Baldwin
    Mary Baldwin Interiors

• Jessie Hubbard
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Hmmm, not a bad idea.. Okay.. that's doable.

• User
    hace 7 años

I know a lot of people like recessed lighting and I am not a pro but for me it spoils the illusion. What about a flush mount fixture that blends in with the ceiling, or for symmetry, a pair that co-ordinate with the rack? The second one could even be a dummy.

• Jessie Hubbard
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

another good one, great ideas..

• emmarene9
    hace 7 años

I think flush could work but how close in actual inches is it? Also, will you actually use the rack daily? I know people who have them only for show with fancy cookware. What a waste of effort and money. Still, I do know many who use them due to lack of cabinet space.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años
    French Country uses chandeliers not can lights. If you want to stay true to that style remove fan. You might be able to have the pot rack wired for light with some LED strip lighting or down lights, assuming this rack will be hanging over island? Where do you intend to hang it. Having had one in a kitchen over an island it is a dust and grease collector. I haven't done one since. Think about this. Might not be best use of your budget.
  • Jessie Hubbard
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks everyone.. truly mine is purely for the looks... I am actually reconsidering even using it..but thank you all!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.