Houzz Logo Print
jdawney

Picking tiles

jdawney
hace 7 años
Should I use the same tile throughout the whole house . I have picked a 600x 600 grey/bone lapparto concrete look tile. Wanting to use in bathrooms , ensuite possibly bathroom walls too ...

Comentarios (12)

• PRO
    Inspired Spaces
    hace 7 años
    It may not possible to have in bathrooms as the largest tile most tilers will lay is 600x300. Suggest you check that your selected tile comes in various sizes. I suggest if you are going to use the tile throughout the home , break it up by using the same tile in various sizes and configurations to create interest and to prevent it being overwhelming
  • Gallifrey
    hace 7 años

We used a concrete look papparto infall three bathroom floors, laundry and under semi external stairs and as pool coping etc (n outdoor version). Glad we did and looks great

• Vy
    hace 7 años

I'd use the same floor tiles as it flows ..600mm by 600mm are too big for bathrooms

• antonia_d
    hace 7 años
    I've actually have 600*600 in my ensuite and feel that the size makes it more spacious
  • haephestus
    hace 7 años

I used the same tiles in my laundry, all bathrooms (including a "feature" wall in the show of each bathroom) and the same tile (albeit the "exterior" version) for the front porch and the large rear alfresco. They're all 600 x 600.

I really like the consistency.

• hagan_38
    hace 7 años
    I have 600x600 tiles in both my bathrooms on floor and walls. I am really happy with the look.
  • philippawright
    hace 7 años

It is nice to have point of difference in your spaces- you could harmonise them with common tiles but use different vanities, taps and fittings. Bulk purchase may reduce costs.

• fiwisyd
    hace 7 años

I'm not much help, just offering an opinion! I think using the same tile on the floors of the different bathroom is good - consistent and cheaper too! Possibly on the walls, depending on the tile, but perhaps the shower tiling and splashback behind basins can be different to provide interest.

Inspired Spaces, it's interesting to hear that tilers won't or don't want to lay tiles bigger than 600x300 ... I saw a fabulous tile today that comes in a few different sizes but 1000x1000 is one of them! The one I'm thinking of is 1000x500 for the floor of bathroom and shower. I asked the tile shop that exact question (about being hard to lay) and she assured me the tiler wouldn't have a problem. Maybe because we aren't putting them on the wall? And our floor is 3200x1000 including the shower ... any thoughts anyone?

• Tilly
    hace 7 años
    I'm building at the moment and I have the concrete tiles throughout the entire floor.
    Add rugs later all good.
  • PRO
    Design Tiles
    hace 7 años

You can certainly use a 600x600 tile in the bathroom on both floor and walls! Just keep in mind that the tiler may need to do quite a lot of cuts to fit around fixtures so ensure you allow for this when ordering your tiles

• PRO
    Inspired Spaces
    hace 7 años

Not that they can't lay them, they are not keen to do so and as Design Tiles said there will be a lot of cuts, which can ruin the look. However if you have a strip grate rather than a standard one you can then get the slab to run from front to back for drainage rather than into the centre and this can eliminate lots of cuts. If you have a large ensuite or bathroom, it is easier to accommodate the larger tile. If you do use a strip grate they often have to make the slab thicker to accommodate the slope for drainage

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.