Houzz Logo Print
maqi

Baby Boy Nursery Help!

maqi
hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 7 años

I need help with decor and layout. I would like to add wall decor, floor lamp, ceiling light fixture, rocking chair, window treatment, bookshelf and rug. I want to keep a neutral grey and white palette however I'm open for suggestions to add color if needed!! I have bought a large stuffed giraffe from pottery barn that I would like to keep in the nursery.

Thanks in advance!

*Non-centered window

The giraffe I would like to add:

Comentarios (131)

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 7 años

I have to jump in with some advice that is both parenting and decorating. Fig leaves contain a chemical that can be irritating to skin and toxic if ingested. Having plants at child level is a recipe for disaster even if they aren't poisonous. They will quickly be torn apart, dirt strewn everywhere, etc.

maqi agradeció a miss lindsey (She/Her)
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 7 años

Oh yeah, and a small table next to your chair is indeed a must. In fact, I like having one on each side if you're planning on breastfeeding--hard to reach across all that baby, blanket, etc to reach what you need if it's on the wrong side :-D

• Hamma
    hace 7 años

Good catch, lindsey! Once a baby starts to crawl, they would be in everything, literally!

maqi agradeció a Hamma
  • Angela E
    hace 7 años

How is the nursery going?! We need some updates here ;)

maqi agradeció a Angela E
  • maqi
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Hi ! @Angela E I'm still waiting on shipments. I received the wrong rug on Friday...so disappointing! A replacement shipment should come in next week. My hubby put up the shelves and painting last night and the room is beautifully coming together :D

• Lucy Nelson
    hace 7 años
    The paint color and furniture is very similar to what we chose. Here is a picture of my son's nursery in case you would like some more ideas
    maqi agradeció a Lucy Nelson
  • maqi
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

@lulujack1 Beautiful room! I love that elephant hamper. Thanks so much for sharing :)

• maqi
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I found this pouf locally but it's a bit dark. What do you think?

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 7 años

Since it's made locally, could you request it in a different colour?

• maqi
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

@lindsey unfortunately, only two colors available.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 7 años

A bit further up the thread you asked what the giraffe would tie into if you use it. That yellow pouf looks like a great compliment to the giraffe and would add a bit of color to the space. You could throw in some yellow bedding for the third pop of color. Yellow also hides a multitude of baby icks, if you know what I mean...

Of course if you hate yellow that's obviously out!

• Angela E
    hace 7 años

Maqi, I don't think it's dark at all. It's a perfect shade of grey. It's going to be on the floor, and your feet will be on it so it's good that it's not too light! I don't think a mustard yellow would be a bad idea either. It's just hard to envision knowing you wanted to not have any other accent colors but it could tie into the natural wood elements but it's just hard to know until it's there! Sorry about your rug fiasco. The rug will really be a wow factor in the room so I bet you're excited to see it in there.

• Angela E
    hace 7 años

If I have time tomorrow, I'll see if I can photoshop the two poufs into the picture I made you previously.

• Emily Jowers
    hace 7 años

Just make sure everything is machine washable (blankets, pillow covers, etc.) ;) And Angela, those mock ups are amazing!

• Angela E
    hace 7 años

• maqi
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thanks @Angela E!! The last pic is the exact setup right now with the giraffe in the left corner instead of the plant :)

It would be great to see everything tie in with the giraffe. I think the grey looks great!

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 7 años

I like the yellow best! If that's an accurate representation of the colours of the greys, they don't harmonize well to my eye. And I like something colorful in his environment for baby to see on his level when he starts to crawl. Obviously though it's about what you like.

Must be getting close... :)

• maqi
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I ordered a lighter shade of grey. Hope this one works better! It's from RH :)

• PRO
    Live Good
    hace 7 años

That is a very nice nursery. If you are still looking for sheets, come
    check out the Live Good page, we have crib sheets in both gray and white.

[Live Good Sateen Crib Sheet Arctic Gray[(https://www.houzz.com/products/organic-cotton-sateen-baby-crib-sheet-arctic-gray-prvw-vr~48292569)

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 7 años

Thought of you today maqi! Hoping all is well and sending calm energy your way :)

• Hamma
    hace 7 años

Just curious...Did you have the baby yet, maqi :)?

• maqi
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Hello, Baby Zayn has arrived just in time the nursery was completed :) I had uploaded a picture last week but I guess it never posted!

The ottoman and bedding still haven't arrived yet but I'm so in love!!

Thank you ALL so very much!

A very special thanks to @Angela E for all the great advice and help <3

• Kathi Steele
    hace 7 años

It looks so very nice!!

maqi agradeció a Kathi Steele
  • minjeeah
    hace 7 años
    Congratulations maqi
    maqi agradeció a minjeeah
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 7 años

Congratulations! So happy for your family :) All the best.

• Hamma
    hace 7 años

Yay!!! Huge congratulations!!! And the room turned out adorable :).

maqi agradeció a Hamma
  • Hamma
    hace 7 años

I love this quote by Gail Tsukiyama; thought I'd post it.

maqi agradeció a Hamma
  • maqi
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Thank you so much!! xoxo

• lwfromny
    hace 7 años
    Congratulations on your son!!! And Angela so nice of you to give so much time and advice to a new mom :). I would just add one comment - it doesn't look like you have added the suggested mirror over the changing table. Not sure if you still plan to do so, but honestly I wouldn't. Although it looks beautiful in the mock ups, you are a mere nine months or so away from your baby starting to stand and wiggle and squirm when you try to change him, and a mirror will become a hazard to him and you. Just my two cents. Helping my daughter decorate a nursery for her first baby right now and anything large and reachable (pretty soon) like that over the changing table or crib has been ruled out :). Enjoy you baby!!
    maqi agradeció a lwfromny
  • Angela E
    hace 7 años

Aww the nursery looks awesome! And congrats on the new baby! My daughter is now 3 and the best mom related quote I still live by is "the days are long, but the years are short"...

oh and in response to decorating with a mirror, I understand the caution of using a mirror above the changing table but I'd make sure it was well above the reach of a baby while they are both sitting and laying. I never had a changing table in our nursery because we just ended up putting the changing pad in the living room on the couch where I spent most of my time. But I would still suggest having a mirror in the nursery. Not only will the mirror help bring more light and make the room feel larger but I loved being able to hold my baby and watch us together in the mirror.

• lwfromny
    hace 7 años

Totally agree that a mirror somewhere in the bedroom is a plus :). It's nice to look at yourselves plus where you're exhausted to the bone walking him and are trying to figure out if he's REALLY, FINALLY, FOR SURE asleep on your shoulder, a mirror is a godsend :).

maqi agradeció a lwfromny
  • calidesign
    hace 7 años

It looks like you need to add a blackout lining to your window shade.

• livesmall
    hace 7 años

Congratulations!

maqi agradeció a livesmall
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    hace 7 años

Tbh, I have never bothered with darkening a room completely. Unless you have a streetlight shining in or headlights sweeping the room, it will be dark enough at night. And it's good to get your baby accustomed to sleeping in less than optimal conditions--makes sleeping at daycare, Grammy's house, etc so much easier.

• maqi
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Hello! I'm back and I need some design advice.

We recently moved and I have to setup the nursery all over again. This time I'm not painting and I'm thinking if I should change it up since my baby is now 9 months and super active.

I need some help with the placement of the furniture, bunny print and adding a new bookshelf I purchased along with some frames to add baby pictures.

Please see attached pictures.

Thanks in advance!!
  • maqi
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Here is the 8x10 frame I purchased , I have 4 in total. Everything is white...I'm afraid the room will look washed out and boring. Any thoughts??
  • er612
    hace 6 años

How big is the bookcase?

• maqi
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    @er612 40.75W x 6D x 50.37H in.
  • er612
    hace 6 años

I like the bunny print above the crib. Are you concerned about it being over his crib now that he's active?

• maqi
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Última modificación: hace 6 años

@er612 Yes, that is my concern since he's able to stand now. What do you think about adding shelves as the previous nursery? I would like to have to the books accessible for him to grab and read together.

• er612
    hace 6 años

Additional layouts and bookshelf ideas...

Depending on the layout you choose, here's how I would arrange the prints:

BTW - I only changed the background so the tree would appear. Not suggesting that you paint.

• maqi
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    @er612 Thank you!! I will try out the layouts
  • maqi
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    What do you think? I will add the picture frames above the changing table. However, still debating on hanging the print over the crib ..it's so cute but I know he will try to pull it down :(

I need light in the room since the ceiling has none. Any suggestions on where and what kind lamp to add?

Thanks!
  • maqi
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Pictures..
  • Hamma
    hace 6 años

Lovely room!

Nothing above the crib! Too unsafe at this point. I can't believe your little one is *already* 9 months old, where did the time go?!

• maqi
    Autor original
    hace 6 años
    Thanks ! @Hamma time goes fast with the little one. Any suggestions..perhaps wall decals??
  • Hamma
    hace 6 años

What if you don't put anything (at least for now)? Personally, I'm not into wall decals, and also, knowing my children, they would be probably trying to peel it off the wall, given the opportunity, lol :). Of course, doesn't mean that your LO will try to do it, but who knows! This is just my 0.02 cents.

Is there any other wall that could accommodate the print?

• K G
    hace 6 años
    Love the bunny pic, but I would not put it over the crib should it fall, especially as baby gets older and reaches or bangs in the wall - I would hang that an a similar one over the dresser.
  • Lindsay Tilton
    hace 6 años

I love the animals! To add to the animal theme Live Good has cute animal pillows!

Organic Baby Whale Cotton Pillow · Más información

• lizaleee
    hace 6 años

Here are some cute ideas if you want to go with walls of white: http://www.opeeqo.com/story/heres-how-you-do-walls-of-white-in-your-kids-room

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.