Houzz Logo Print
kayleeannduval

Somethings missing!!!

Something is missing in this room what could I add to make it pop!

Comentarios (22)

• PRO
    Design Directives, LLC
    hace 7 años

It is very pretty - soft and serene. If you want more 'pop' then consider adding more aqua and/or pink fabrics to the bedding ensemble. That would pull the colors over from your art work, draperies and rug.

• leelee
    hace 7 años

It's already really popping. But agree with DD if you want to add more colorful pillows or even throw in an orange or geranium color.

• havingfun
    hace 7 años

what you need are things that say look here, look here. a little more aggressive accessories or art.

• PRO
    Equilibrando... Space Planning with Feng Shui
    hace 7 años

It looks very cute..however for some reasons I would place the bed against the wall with painting. Would it be possible? How this room looks from the other side? /Marcin

• gigi4321
    hace 7 años

Wow, that is a beautiful room! I think you need to bring in another color. If you could find a fabric with the same blue, pink and maybe yellow and use it as a duvet cover folded at the foot of the bed and as a long pillow behind the other pillows. You could also replace the lamps with something in the yellow of the fabric. Or, find a really textural wicker trunk painted yellow to replace the two stools and use a blue and pink patterned fabric for a cushion on the trunk and a pillow for the bed. I think using a trunk will also hide some of the pink rug. The rug should probably be pulled up toward the back wall if the stools stay. If you do go with a pattern, an abstract or large pattern would be better than stripes or small even pattern. Going with a trunk at the end of the bed would also get rid of the triple double (twin nightstands, twin lamps, twin stools). Not sure why I keep seeing yellow in this room, it might be that rose in the vase influencing me. Will be interesting to see what others come up with. But I would think anyone would be thrilled to have that room as is.

• sumhomes
    hace 7 años

The room is very pretty! A touch of bright color would be great though. An easy place to add color, besides the obvious pillows and pictures, would be the bedside lamps. Those are a bit on the safe side, but could really make a statement, and they don't have to match unless you prefer a formal look. I put a chalkboard with a bright ornate yellow frame in my daughters room with a similar color palette. We also have a handwoven, brightly colored bench similar to the ones you have but more bohemian looking. Have fun with it. It is beautiful and restful the way it is.

• PRO
    Birch Blue Designs
    hace 7 años
    Very pretty! More colour in the pillows on the bed. Perhaps, a throw blanket at the end of the bed in one of the colours from the room, and a piece of colorful artwork over the bed.
  • PRO
    Heather Freitas Gallery
    hace 7 años

A beautiful unique piece of artwork maybe 24x24x1.5in above your bed would be beautiful! I would love for you to check out my projects and see if there is anything that inspires you and work together to create a beautiful custom painting for this beautiful space! It is an inspiring one! If you like what you see feel free to shoot me a message and we could work together to create a one of a kind piece of artwork for your space!

• tqtqtbw
    hace 7 años

A sun burst mirror over the bed. Big frame section, small mirror part since there doesn't seem to be anything to reflect. I like this one but with a small mirror portion. I also like the ones that are lighter, more like sticks to form the burst.

Dallas, TX: Ross & Megan Brown · Más información

• Kyle Barrett
    hace 7 años

I think it's brilliant already.

My suggestion would be to add another console/credenza on the wall below the art - it'll add some visual weight to that otherwise quite bare side of the room.

And maybe consider some sheepskins underneath the stools at the end of the bed? To add a little bit of weight there too.

I thought enough people had said more colour, so these are some less scary options (even if it's pricier). Adding colour can be scary and I don't think your room needs it necessarily.

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I think this is not your room. I think the picture and the rights to it it belong to this development company:

http://biringerbuilders.com/dev/the-clover/

Are you part of this building company?

• Frankie
    hace 7 años

What Beverly said. It needs some bright colored artwork above the bed.

• User
    hace 7 años

Good observation, JudyG Designs!

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    hace 7 años

Hey Karen, yes, unless the OP is the designer for the building company, we are waisting our time.

Check the link I posted!

• leelee
    hace 7 años

Great detective work, JudyG

• User
    hace 7 años

Yep, I checked the link out Judy. Wow!

• timber2004
    hace 7 años

I'm glad I read the comments prior to giving this much thought. Thanks JudyG!

• emmarene9
    hace 7 años

Whatever; Beverly still improved upon it!

• Tribbletrouble44152k7 Trek
    hace 7 años

Judy G

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    hace 7 años

Judy G--Why would someone do this? Too much time on her hands!? Makes you wonder about some other Design Dilemmas....

• User
    hace 7 años

Love your post, Tribbletrouble!

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.