Houzz Logo Print
catzeyezuk

Graphite colour sofa, colours to go

Carla
hace 7 años
Hello all,
Ordered a new sofa today in a completely different colour than planned and now feel in a bit of a tizzy about colours to go with. In store they had lots of blues. We have real oak mid brown floor, swansdown grey walls. Ordered sofa with wooden feet instead of silver in the pics.

All I can picture is purples with it but husband is keen on rusty colours - I'm not convinced.

Comentarios (15)

• Carla
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Oh, shape wise it's a corner one side and a chaise style end the other corner, so almost a u shape, now I'm home I hope it won't look too dark as it is quite big. But then I've always gone so beige/oatmeal before I think I'm just scared :)
  • Carla
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    And what I'm asking is, colours for rug, curtains and cushions please
  • 81bec
    hace 7 años
    Don't be scared!! I also have a fairly dark grey sofa. The great advice I had was to lift the sofa colour with lighter cushions etc. :)
  • 81bec
    hace 7 años
    This kind of idea ...
  • Joanna C
    hace 7 años
    Rusty colours would a disaster unless you can change the order to beige or brownish sofa and repaint the walls. Other than that, grey could go well with white, black, some blues, greens, red etc. It depends on your style and what you have elsewhere in the house so that you can have a nice flow
  • Carolina
    hace 7 años
    Rust/orange should work with dark grey. I think you can just about add whatever accent colour you like.
    Perhaps it's best to wait until it's been delivered and then take a look at what it needs. You can always take photos then and post them here to ask for more to the point ideas.
  • A S
    hace 7 años
    Depending on the look you are afterany colours could work with anthracite/graphite grey.
    -Nice tones of peach-pink, rustic orange as mentioned by carolins and lighter greys could help create a nice chic look, you could lift the room with a nice light oak flooring to help achieve the chic look.

- if you want to achieve quite a modern look, off white grey tones yellow silver-ish greys work well, to top the modern feel, darkish floor boards.

-if you want to achieve quite a homely snug feel, I'd go dark with a nice deep red or burgundy and warm wooden flooring with accents of silver/light grey.

all the best, let us know how it works out.
  • minnie101
    hace 7 años

Hi. The sofa is neutral so you can choose pretty much any colour you like : mustard, burnt orange, greens such as moss, grass, lime etc. you could also use more pastelly colours such as blush/dusty pink as shown here (not keen on the grey on that fire though!) or amethyst. Perhaps agree on your joint favourite colours then post back for actual shopping suggestions? As Carolins said you adding photos will help

• PRO
    Petronella Hall
    hace 7 años

Warm yellows and bright ochres will add warmth for winter and brighten the space for summer,

• PRO
    Laura Spring Studio
    hace 7 años

Yellows and mustard tones would work really well with the grey. Brighten it up with some scatter cushions! Easy to update in the future too.

• PRO
    Laura Spring Studio
    hace 7 años

Milkky Cushion Orange/Mustard · Más información

• PRO
    Hillarys
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Hiya,

Talking of cushions, here are some pictures that might inspire you. As others have said, you really could choose any colour - grey is brilliantly versatile. Yellow will add a sunny splash, blush pink a touch of femininity, but rust as your partner suggested will look fab too. If you're set on purple, why not try a lilac shade to lighten up the expanse of grey? You could choose matching curtains in a fun pattern to complement your contemporary space?

Living room blinds and interiors · Más información

• Carla
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Fab ideas from everyone thank you - made me realise I have so many options. I love the blush pinks ideas for next year, will try for darker accents for winter and Christmas. Really spun this around for me so thank you!
  • Connor Atkinson
    hace 5 años
    I just got this from Sofology (something similar)

Does anyone recommend a type of flooring to complement this type of colour ( don’t want the room to be too dark)
España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.