Houzz Logo Print
petherbridge1

Bar stools

petherbridge1
hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 6 años

Any suggestions as to what bar stools might suit this kitchen? Looking to keep it to around £100 mark for each stool. Thanks Anna

Comentarios (61)

• petherbridge1
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    The kitchen is from diy kitchens. Thanks
  • Bri Sullivan
    hace 7 años
    Love my stools from cult furniture
    petherbridge1 agradeció a Bri Sullivan
  • petherbridge1
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    I'm think one of these two, but veering towards the first one. What do you think?
  • minnie101
    hace 7 años

Well I obviously like the first one but both are nice! If you do go for the first one and have ordered from them before (there's a 20% off code for first time buyers), there is another code you can try HLA100 which should work as I used it last week

petherbridge1 agradeció a minnie101
  • Jane Wylie
    hace 7 años
    I like the first one too. I also love the Revolver Stool from Hay. It is a really nice solid piece, comfy too despite being made of powder coated steel. The pale grey could look good? A little over budget at £135 though.
    petherbridge1 agradeció a Jane Wylie
  • User
    hace 7 años
    Still stuck with kitchens stools
  • alant1000
    hace 7 años
    I've got some white leather ones.

My advice on bar stools is think really hard about how comfortable they will be, there are lots that look nice but they are horrible and hard to sit on, you will want them gone after a few weeks.

They are from Atlantic shopping, they have a massive range and are pretty good value.

http://www.atlanticshopping.co.uk/bar-stools/
  • User
    hace 7 años
    Yes I ordered two sets but sent them back very cheap looking maybe I just ordered bad choice
  • User
    hace 7 años
    But these look nice and comfy
  • User
    hace 7 años
    Just looking for the bar stools have you got name of them
  • Lauren
    hace 7 años
    How about these from swoon editions? They're slight over budget but there's a discount code for new buyers.

I think they'd suit your kitchen style but still be more comfortable than the wood and metal ones you often see.

https://www.swooneditions.com/demi-wooden-grey-modern-country-stool
  • User
    hace 7 años
    Sorry there nice but to small in height
  • Lauren
    hace 7 años
    Ah fair enough, what height do you need?

These are in budget and would also fit in with the lovely period style of the kitchen and be comfortable:

CrazyGadget® Fabric Breakfast Kitchen Barstool Bar Pub Counter Seat Stool Chair with Wooden Oak Legs https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LZ9RAPQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_pS47xbGPTDZWW

Seat height is 67cm
  • alant1000
    hace 7 años
    The ones on my photo are sienna at Atlantic shipping.

For £100 they are going to look fairly generic in is style wherever you go, when I was looking around they seemed to be the same 20/30 bar stools with different product names on different websites.

It's not going to be easy to have something for less than £100 that doesn't look basic, or 'not cheap'.

Classy looking expensive ones are all £400+ leather in my experience.
  • User
    hace 7 años
    Thank you Lauren but not sure if they will fit in maybe white look better
  • PRO
    Breakfast Bar Stools
    hace 7 años

Anna,

I recommend that you up your budget. There are loads of bar stools from China at under £100 each. However they are mostly uncomfortable and they fall apart in a few months. If you invest in good quality Italian bar stools you have a choice of 56 colours and you get Comfort, quality and longevity built in. I suggest that the kitchen in grey and white needs a punch of bright colour to create the WOW factor.

I am attaching images of several stools with white, Purple, Red and Blue seats. Also I attach images of our sample cards for Real Leather and Magic Eco Leather. All of the bar stools are substantially above your budget figure of £100 per stool. However I suggest that for the quality of kitchen you have fitted, it is a great shame to "Spoil the ship for a halfpenny worth of Tar" by buying cheap bar stools.

alant100 (above) suggested that Classy looking expensive stools are all £400 + in Leather. We quite a number of barstools in real Italian Quality leather which are under £400 and we can also offer them in a very high quality Man Made Eco Leather (Leather lookalike) at lower prices. I would be happy to give more information and send sample cards if you are interested.

Stella 1 Counter Stools · Más información

Steve stools in Purple Eco Leather · Más información

petherbridge1 agradeció a Breakfast Bar Stools
  • Carol Williamson
    hace 7 años
    I recently bought two apple green gas lift stools for our garage utility and they are fantastic...they also do black or purple from Argos on eBay and they were just £25 each!!
    petherbridge1 agradeció a Carol Williamson
  • PRO
    Powell Picano bespoke furniture and kitchens
    hace 7 años

I'm a big fan of the ercol originals bar stool. http://www.ercol.com/ranges/originals/bar-stool-tall/

They're available in a range of finishes, and if you shop around (ebay etc) can be found for under £100 each.

• Carol Williamson
    hace 7 años
    No bother Petherbridge. I paid over £100 each for bar stools in my previous house and they were no better than the. Heap ones I have now. Another good place to look is DUNELM online...they do free delivery.... I bought this one there for my new kitchen, it's white white and purple and quite quirky...and it was very reasonably priced too.
  • PRO
    Everfine Installations
    hace 7 años

Our client chose these beautiful industrial stools from Atlantic Shopping. It was a great way of introducing the on trend industrial look in to their kitchen design. I think they were around £80 each. We tend to find the Atlantic Shopping website has the greatest choice of chairs and stools at the most reasonable prices.

petherbridge1 agradeció a Everfine Installations
  • LTS
    hace 7 años
    Kitchen looks lovely - could you tell me which DIY kitchens it is?
  • sam irwin
    hace 7 años
    My brother has nearly the identical kitchen and he went for these stools (think he got them in IKEA but can't see them on the website) they look amazing with the kitchen and comfy too
  • petherbridge1
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

The kitchen is norton bespoke from diy kitchens. Colour is purbeck stone and down pipe.

• LTS
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Many thanks for that. Most helpful. Do you have any more pics of your lovely kitchen please? What size is your island? Mine will be 2.5m long. Thank you.

• southfieldshouse
    hace 7 años
    Hi there, I love your floor and the worktop. Could you tell me where you got them from? Thanks
  • petherbridge1
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Floor is from champion in new Malden - something like Harlech rustic oak. The worktop was called something like calacatta granite from a wholesaler in Park Royal sourced through kunal at Croydon granite. The worktop is 2.5m long.

• N DH
    hace 7 años
    Word of warning, double check the height of the stools you order. I ordered lovely wooden ones from Rose and Gray and had to get my joiner to shorten them!
  • N DH
    hace 7 años
    These are the stools. Gorgeous but tall!
    http://www.roseandgrey.co.uk/weathered-oak-stool
    petherbridge1 agradeció a N DH
  • Marc Merton
    hace 7 años
    something muted to match the painted cupboards
    petherbridge1 agradeció a Marc Merton
  • PRO
    Breakfast Bar Stools
    hace 7 años

I disagree with Marc. If you have something muted to match the painted cupboards, then the whole project will look very bland and dull. I think that you want a bright vibrant colour for your bar stools to create the WOW factor and lift your whole project. So when you go into your kitchen on a grey rainy depressing day in January, there is a bright happy colour to lift your spirits.

petherbridge1 agradeció a Breakfast Bar Stools
  • Marc Merton
    hace 7 años
    Each to their own, I personally think the brightly coloured ones will detract from the beautiful kitchen posted.
    petherbridge1 agradeció a Marc Merton
  • PRO
    Breakfast Bar Stools
    hace 7 años

I attach some photos below to illustrate my remarks above about having a bright or a light colour for your Bar Stools

See the matching Splash Back above.

Also, several people are suggesting hard wood or plastic seats, with no backs.

Think about the use that you want from the Breakfast Bar. Do you want to perch for 5 minutes while grabbing a coffee before rushing to catch the train to work, or do you want to lounge in your barstools for 3 hours on a Sunday morning reading the papers or sort out world politics over a bottle of wine on a Saturday night?

I certainly don't want to perch on a hard wooden seat with no back when I want to relax !!

• Alis Mizon De Pinho
    hace 7 años
    I would go with a copper and wood style... a bit rustic, will look fab in here x
    petherbridge1 agradeció a Alis Mizon De Pinho
  • N DH
    hace 7 años
    Here are the (shortened) rose and gray stools in place to give you an idea of how oak ones would look in a similar set up.
  • PRO
    User
    hace 7 años
    Hi your kitchen is really gorgeous with fabulous colour choices. Some of the stool/ chairs that have backs may be a bit bulky and too modern. I would look to enhance the lovely definition the worktops give your kitchen. Therefore I would suggest under counter stools to retain look perhaps in stainless steel to pick up handle choices.

I've posted x2 pictures with the copper stools being from cult furniture who supply these in lots of colours including stainless steel and with wooden tops that would add warmth and work well with your floor. The stainless steel stools are from swoon and likewise have variations some with wooden seats. Given your choices so far I feel simplicity of the design choice will enhance your kitchen. Enjoy eventually sitting in your fab kitchen
    petherbridge1 agradeció a User
  • petherbridge1
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I went for the French connection ones in the end. I'm really pleased. Thanks for all of your input though, was really helpful.

• lisamariataylor44
    hace 7 años
    The stools look great. May I ask what the dimensions of your island are? Thanks in advance.
  • LTS
    hace 7 años
    Those are the stools I like. Also like them with wooden legs.

Kitchen & stools look beautiful.

Look what I've just found in the utility! I am terrible at returning things. Don't suppose you have a pic of your drawers?
  • Nicola Combe
    hace 7 años
    Eames style? We have these and they are amazingly stylish and comfortable

http://www.swiveluk.com/uk/catalog/product/view/id/22278/category/42
  • PRO
    White Rabbit Interiors
    hace 7 años
    Hi Anna,

What about those?
  • Monica
    hace 7 años

Petherbridge what a wonderful kitchen you have and those stools are perfection. Would you mind sharing your flooring source? looks just like what we are looking for. Thank you

petherbridge1 agradeció a Monica
  • LTS
    hace 7 años
    Hi how wide are the drawers on the back run & how wide is the double cupboard at the end of the island? Thanks
  • PRO
    Bathroom + Kitchen Eleven
    hace 7 años

Both of these stools are adjustable and would look rather sleek with your design. Beautiful kitchen by the way. One is a bit over your desired budget but may be worth it?

Both from Wayfair. https://www.wayfair.co.uk/Bar-Stools-l59-c1804848-O86128~Grey.html

Shannon

• petherbridge1
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Monica - if you look up the feed I've given the details of the flooring.

Lts - the cupboard on the end is 800mm and the drawers on the other run are 1 metre

• LTS
    hace 7 años
    Thank you so much! We're going for the same kitchen range :)
  • Monica
    hace 7 años

Anna thank you so much, I am a champion skim reader proven once again :) Your kitchen is beautiful <3

• PRO
  • PRO
    J.N.Rusticus
    hace 7 años

Good Afternoon,

check out our website https://www.jnrusticus.com/ we offer a range of bar stools for around the £100 mark

Vintage Leather Metal Acre Bar Stool · Más información

• PRO
    Spaced Out Limited
    hace 6 años

You can check this website : https://www.atlanticshopping.co.uk. All the chairs options we've put below are below £100 :)

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.