Houzz Logo Print
emma_beckwith

Oak table for the garden

Emma Beckwith
hace 7 años

Has anyone ever used an oak dining table for a garden table? Just wondering what is weathers like? And if it would last ok outside? Thinking of giving it a whitewash grey look. Looking for advice before I purchase a second hand one. Thanks

Comentarios (4)

• Ocean Clarke
    hace 7 años

This is great! Are you planning on putting a sealer on, too? I love the sound of the whitewash grey look.

• PRO
    Makers Bespoke Furniture
    hace 7 años

If you are planning to leave a garden table out in all weathers, ideally the planks of the top would have small gaps running between them to allow for the inevitable swelling and shrinkage of the wood. So a table like this would show some shaping pretty quickly if left outside. But maybe that's the look you want? If you sanded back the wax or varnish, oak won't take long too long to get the silvered look - maybe a season? Good luck with your search!

• Emma Beckwith
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I want it to look aged but don't want it warping, good point about having the gaps, think I'll have to look for something like that. Not sure an old dining table will work then. Thanks for your advice.

• PRO
    Robert Way - One of the Great British Designers
    hace 7 años

You will find green oak sleeper tables on ebay from approx £200

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.