Houzz Logo Print
rebecca_carey49

concerned

Rebecca Carey
hace 7 años
I have just had some stair cladding completed and the have left me with a lip on every stair, they seemed to have used a bit of right angled wood on each starting "cover" the edge, however it leaves the stair uncomfortable to walk down and it looks messy, I'm a little surprised that this is the finished result and my stairs look nothing like the picture above! what can I do to resolve this?
Oak Stair Cladding · Más información

Comentarios (14)

• Jonathan
    hace 7 años
    Let's see a picture of your stairs
  • Rebecca Carey
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    my odd stair cladding.
  • Najeebah
    hace 7 años
    hi. is the picture above an inspiration pic or something you'd agreed upon with the company?
  • Najeebah
    hace 7 años
    hi. is the picture above an inspiration pic or something you'd agreed upon with the company?
  • Najeebah
    hace 7 años
    (sorry for the duplicate)
  • Rebecca Carey
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    No, there were no pictures offered or available from the company I used. this was more of a hail Mary post; I just posted on this company picture in hope they could shed some light on what I can do regarding my flooring, all cladding pictures I had seen were like this. so I'm quite dissapointed by what I have now, and would love more information before I go back to the company that did my flooring to ask them to rectify it. I'm a little worried that I might have hired a bunch of cowboy's. I did question them when the started and they 'promised' to level it off, they didn't, so it's about half a centimetre difference.
  • lynneamandahayes
    hace 7 años
    What they have left you with is unsafe and a tripping hazard. The front edge should be flus with the step and ideally the whole step should be one piece of wood with a bull nose edging. Failing this the trim added to the front should be fully flush with the step. They must rectify this.
  • lynneamandahayes
    hace 7 años
    That should read flush
  • A Babbsy
    hace 7 años
    I don't think it's a bad job to be honest looks like a neat installation in your photos.

I think your issue comes down to the initial 'contract' with the company. A flush fitted installation would cost you a lot more!
  • Rebecca Carey
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    We weren't offered any options and Tbh I didn't know this type of fitting was even an acceptable outcome, do you know what ball park cost difference we should have expected for the different types of fittings? we spent an awful lot of money on the fitting more that the oak it self, and the stairs were even more.
  • Jonathan
    hace 7 años
    Yeah.... I wouldn't be happy with this. I suspect they have put on a bead on to hide a cut edge but the wood might have been the wrong product for the job. Assuming it is tongue and groove flooring every side will have needed to be disguised.
  • Rebecca Carey
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Thank you, and yes you are correct this was another instillation company, we tools them what they wanted and we paid upfront and they did everything else. I will contact them and see what I can do. if not I might need to contact you person and hope for the best.
  • PRO
    Heritage Doors and Floors LTD
    hace 7 años

no problem, we hope they sort this out for you. If not we offer a professional finish and rectify any problems on site. We believe if your paying good money for something you should get the best!

Feel free to contact us if the company cannot help you.

All the best.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.