Houzz Logo Print
cbakies21

1970's bathroom help

Candice
hace 7 años
We are currently remodeling part of our house we just bought but our budget doesn't include completely redoing the bathrooms. I actually don't mind the tile floors/walls or the color but not a big fan of the wallpaper and navy paired with the mint green. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!!

Comentarios (11)

• acm
    hace 7 años

Yeah, I'd pull down the wallpaper and paint the walls a white or gray and the vanity (and window frame) pure white. (You might paint the backing of the light fixture at the same time, if you're not replacing it.) That will give you a pleasant minty room, and from there it will be easy to accessorize with patterned mint-and-white (shower curtain, rug, etc.) or bring in a new accent color like yellow or gray or violet to mix things up a bit.

Mint Gray Chevron Fade Shower Curtain · Más información

Cool Jade and Icy Mint Decorative Moroccan Tile Pattern Shower Curtain · Más información

Bunny Violet Shower Curtain · Más información

KESS InHouse Amanda Lane "Gray Moroccan" Grey White Shower Curtain · Más información

• User
    hace 7 años

Can you get rid of wall paper and paint everything (walls, sink cabinet) white and then get some new lighting? The tile and grout look to be in great shape!

• User
    hace 7 años

These photos have black tile too but they might give you an idea

Riviera Cuatros Vientos Home · Más información

Vintage apothecary bathroom · Más información

• Candice
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Yes the countertop will have to stay for the time being but the light fixture can be updated. Should the vanity and walls both be painted the same color? I think I'm leaning more towards adding dark gray and white.
  • disfromage
    hace 7 años

I just want to say that I'm envious of your 1970's bathroom—it's going to be very nice! Mine was done with unfinished cedar paneling and shag carpeting...

• PRO
    Laqfoil Ltd.
    hace 7 años

I would pull off the wallpaper and paint the walls a colour of your choice.

• gustaviatex
    hace 7 años

A good resource on 70s tile bathrooms and kitchens is Retrorenovation

• User
    hace 7 años

You could do dark grey on the vanity and white on the walls.

• PRO
    User
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Wow, what a great vintage bathroom! I would remove wallpaper and paint walls, vanity and window trim all white. Update light fixture and vanity pulls. Then add some great towels with a neutral pattern that plays off the flooring pattern. Such a great space to work with!

(just saw I suggested the exact same thing as ranmarie --great minds, ha!)

• Candice
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Yes I definitely lucked out, it could have been way worse! I'm sure just by painting everything one color will really transform the space. The master bath is similar with light gray tiles so that will be a lot easier to work with. Can't wait to get started and have it done. Thanks for all the ideas!
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.