becodwyer

Front garden landscaping help!

becodwyer
hace 7 años
última modificación:hace 7 años

Far right
Far left
Hi,

We've finally bought our own home but I am not fussed with the front garden. It has lots of mondo grass tufts (about 40), rocks around the edging and a dracena? tree and a magnolia tree which you can't see in the photo - its off to the right. To the left of the front door is a weeping cherry tree and around it zoysia tenuifolia has been planted which has not spread very far at all. I get the effect they were going for but it doesn't seem to have translated. ON the other side of the door way is some kind of deciduous tree but I don't know what it is. Any ideas? help! When standing at the front door looking towards the garden you are facing due South. Clay like soil, Toowomba area.

Thanks and I look forward to talking to you!

Centre

Comentarios (10)

• bigreader
    hace 7 años
    Have a look at the tropical garden in the Before and After section of the Houzz advice area. It looks great.
  • becodwyer
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Just put them up lesleyhawkins :-)

• LesleyH
    hace 7 años
    You are off to a great start - just need more height in the garden beds. I am sure some expert advice will come shortly.
  • LesleyH
    hace 7 años
    As you are in Toowoomba, which will have sub zero temperatures in winter and frost (lived there for a short time) tropical may not be suitable. For a first home,, your purchase is very impressive. I will think a little more on this.
  • Vy
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

we are in Melbourne ..our last place was all clay ..used to be the old brickworks

You'd need to dig down and replace with top soil..

Bird of paradise is quite hardy..Agapantus ..Chinese Elm..loved my ornamental pear ..beautiful colours in Autumn..

pencil pines..pine trees..plane tree if you've got room as they can grow quite tall

trying to think of the trees we had at our old place ..Silver Birch..plum is another

we don't do much with our plants so the ones left standing we keep

kind of miss them some days

http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s2307588.htm

• PRO
    Outside Space
    hace 7 años

Hi,

If you are looking for a complete change. I would suggest in engaging a landscape designer in your area that has the experience in the style of garden you are potentially looking for. Nothing worse than spending money on landscaping and it not working out...

Good luck

• LesleyH
    hace 7 años
    I note you do not have any garden ideabooks in Houzz. Suggest you search front garden ideas or garden beds and save photos you like to a new garden ideabook. This will give posters an idea of what you are looking for.
  • becodwyer
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Ok thanks I'm new to Houzz so I'll do that

• PRO
    Total Integrated Security Pty Ltd
    hace 7 años
    Hello! I hope you've been able to find a few ideas on Houzz.
    One idea you might want to consider is adding some plants or shrubs near your large front windows. This would add some life to front area but also deter from anyone having a peak inside from your windows. Maybe something like creeping juniper (throwing and just unpleasant to walk through) or firethorn (thorny shrub with white flowers and fiery orange berries) would work?
Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.