Houzz Logo Print
ramonajubilee

Is my sink too far forward for my wall mount faucet?

Ramona
hace 7 años
Before I contact my counter company to complain, I'd like some feedback on this: My faucets were installed prior to counter templating and the sinks were on site. The templator removed the sink from the box and we discussed the position of it vis-a-vis the faucet. Unfortunately, I think the sink hole was cut too far forward by about an inch. Am I being too fussy or is this cause to complain?

Comentarios (21)

• susanalanandwrigley
    hace 7 años

How much space is there in front of the sink?

• Ramona
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Here are two more photos.
  • susanalanandwrigley
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

If you move the sinks back an inch I think they would be too far from the front of the counter to be easy to use, think about leaning forward to brush your teeth or wash your face. And as nnigrt said, you may have interference with the controls and the top of the vessel sink. If it is draining appropriately and not splashing from possibly hitting the back slope of the sink, it will probably be fine, just something for you to get used to.

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

I agree the taps are the problem they needed a straighter spout

• Jan
    hace 7 años
    I don't believe that the faucet and the sink are a match.
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 7 años

I'm not seeing a problem. You certainly don't want those bowls back any further.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años
    Wrong faucet for sink. Water should reach further into bowl for best use. However, to solve this I would see if there is another faucet neck available for this set. Don't feel bad. It is hard to know all these details. But your advisor at plumbing vendor should have cautioned you on this. It is a problem with wall mounted faucets. Might see if vendor has solution. Moving sink involves more chances for more trouble.
  • km kane
    hace 7 años
    Yup, wrong faucet! I also bought faucets that come out of the wall but fortunately thought this out ahead of time. And it wasn't easy, so don't feel bad!

I ended up with a California Faucet with a very loonngggg spout. See if the manufacturer can get you a different spout. Or replace them, or live with them. You'll get used to them.
  • Ramona
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Ugh, thanks everyone. I think I'll live with them for now. And glad I didn't call the counter guys to complain since it appears it was my own design error.
  • Judy Mishkin
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

you'll be fine. or you'll learn to be fine. or you'll hunt down longer spouts.

• PRO
    Design Details
    hace 7 años

You're going to get a lot of water splashing behind the sink but at least it will be easier to reach. Vessel sinks are a challenge.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    hace 7 años

I only recommend vessel sinks for powder rooms, because of these type issues. Sorry, it is small consolation but it isn't as bad as it could be.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 7 años

Here's one of ours. The bowl overhangs the top which is a big plus for a splasher like me:

• PRO
    BY Building Design
    hace 7 años
    Ramona, top height is not the problem. I see a couple issues. 1) Faucet neck is located to close to the edge so that when your rinse your hands water and soap will splash behind the sink. 2) Faucet rustic style seems to clash with the smooth finish of sink snd counter.
    Answer: 1) replace the faucet with a more elegant faucet with a neck that extends at least 2 more inches. This may be difficult if unable to match the the plumbing lines. 2) find a larger sink so is further under the faucet neck and one that compliments the facet style in color and texture. This will require modification of the counter.
  • bunnyllg
    hace 7 años
    Don't be too hasty! I think the faucet farther back, if it does not cause splashing toward the back of the sink and wall, you will find there is more room to bend over to wash your face or brush your teeth. My very similar faucet comes out about halfway in my sink and it does make it challenging to wash my face. I say keep it!
  • PRO
    Northstar Building LLC
    hace 7 años

Wilton renovation · Más información

• dum7117
    hace 7 años
    At least the water is IN your sink. Unless our water is on full (and splashing) it actually goes on the counter. We had our faucets and sink available for templating too. :( My design flaw. How was I to know?? Since our countertop people consider themselves a system of checks and balances and they didn't mention a problem before install, they provided us some money back. At some point I will have to find new wall mounts that work. In the meantime it's in a rarely used guest bathroom.
  • kmkane123
    hace 7 años

Here's mine. I got it in black finish.

http://www.calfaucets.com/product/single-handle-vessel-lavatory-wall-faucet-trim-only-to-v6202-9

I must say though, the company was of no help to me when trying to determine how far out of the wall it should be placed. They said it all depends on the placement of the sink, which in the end, is true. It's the danger of being our own designers. For me, it worked out - this faucet comes about 10" out of the wall.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    hace 7 años

Were I in the bath business exclusively, I would make a video of the customers standing at and approving a full scale mock up of their wall faucet selections before anyone even thought of picking up a tool.

You can't tell from the picture, but my handle damn near touches my bowl when it's pulled out. Just pure dumb luck it didn't hit, or I'd have had plumbing to re-rough in and tile to replace.

• barbweinstock
    hace 5 años

I was told that the water coming out of the wall mount faucet should hit the drain in the middle of the vessel sink to avoid splashing. We are using Kohler Purist wall mount faucet with Kohler Vox rectangle vessel sink. I made sure the granite fabricator had the faucet and sink together when cutting the granite counter top and that he also looked at where the faucet was going to be mounted on the wall. He installed it today and the water stream will line up perfectly with the drain on the sink although to me the sink looks a little far back on the counter but I guess that's needed with vessel sinks. There's about 4" of counter in front of the sink. I think it will work wonderfully and looks great, I'm just being picky, but in hindsight I might have designed a narrower vanity cabinet and top.

Patrocinado

Volver a cargar la página para no volver a ver este anuncio en concreto

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.