Workshop90, LLC
    hace 7 años

This could be fun!

Monica Siebe agradeció a Workshop90, LLC
  • Monica Siebe
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

Workshop90, LLC... those colors to paint the wood or accents? I wanted a home with a cool color scheme and my favorites of grey, white, and soft greens... also love navy blue. but we fell in love with this house that has cherry wood throughout....cherry is not my thing... stumped on how to cool off this house!

Zillow pics of New Home · Más información

• Monica Siebe
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I know....its a warm house and I don't like warm. Just looking for suggestions of how to keep the cabinets and cool it down. There is no backsplash and am thinking if I keep the cabinets...what colors could I get away with in a backsplash?

Other than the tile, there are wood floors...

Zillow pics of New Home · Más información

• Steph
    hace 7 años

I would pick a warm grey. Cool greys will not be harmonious, because it will clash, unless you plan to replace the counters and floors.

Save money, time, and your sanity, and hire a designer. They can be hired just for picking colors. I don't have a lot of money and have to do everything myself, but I hired one for this purpose. It's not just for the super rich.

It's a beautiful home, it's a shame that none of it works for you. It will be a lot of work painting all that wood, but it can be done, if that's what you want to do. I would work with what you have and tastefully integrate the grey. It would look really cool if you embraced the wood with the grey, and not try to fight it.

• Allegra K
    hace 7 años
    Would you consider white for the cabinets? It would still work with the other wood details in the house without competing, you could introduce the cool colors you like in a backsplash. Something like this?

Drift Road · Más información
    Monica Siebe agradeció a Allegra K
  • jbtanyderi
    hace 7 años
    Treat the island and the desk/storage units as furniture by not painting them the same colour as the rest of the cabinetry. A misty teal or sage would work on the main cabinets, while the two different units could go lighter or darker for contrast.
  • PRO
    Workshop90, LLC
    hace 7 años

If you were wanting to do the cabinets grey, I think yellow would be a fun accent color, or just small pops of it. A nice complimenting green would be nice, I believe throughout other spaces. The kitchen is always nice to have fun, bright and lively! As long as the accents are controlled and there is a nice flow :-) You can also consider new hardware with will help freshen the cabinets up after you paint them as well.

Monica Siebe agradeció a Workshop90, LLC
  • Monica Siebe
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Allegra K., yes... I didn't think white would work, but it does!! and that backsplash is exactly what I want!

• PRO
    Patricia Colwell Consulting
    hace 7 años

IMO white is a better choice for the cabinets, gray is a real committment and with the country style table and chairs might not be the best choice for the huge jiob of painting the cabinets to find out it isn’t waht you like .

• Steph
    hace 7 años

Op, sounds like you are not really sure what you want or what would work well in your new space. I would take a lot of time to figure it out and seriously contemplate hiring a designer to help.

• sharlowm
    hace 7 años
    I have the same problem. Love everything about my house except the cherry cabinets. if you are up for it, I would paint the cabs white and the paint the island the grey or soft green you like. I think if you speculator replacing the counters you could get it to work with the existing floor, which is neutral enough. I still haven't gotten it together enough to paint mine, because I know I need to change the hideous countertops, so am saving my pennies for the new quartz countertops. good luck, your house is beautiful. if you are a fit're, you could paint all the wood trim white a room at a time, that makes a huge difference!
  • sharlowm
    hace 7 años
    "consider" replacing countertops.
  • sharlowm
    hace 7 años
    "if you are a DIY er! stupid autocorrect
  • Monica Siebe
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    sharlom... thank you. we haven't moved in yet, these are zillow pics. and yes...the first thing were going to do is paint all the trim and all the doors white. this house has so much wood!
  • sharlowm
    hace 7 años

Do a price comparison, it may be cheaper to just buy new white doors on frames. All of the doors in my house were cheap dark wood/?plastic...I got all new two panel doors, more modern looking and paid a guy to install them. I think it was worth it to save the aggravation of painting myself or paying someone to paint them and then have the paint start chipping off later...You will be so happy with the white trim/doors, it makes a huge difference, everything flows better and its a more updated look. I know some people are gonna hate on me, they love their wood trim and doors, but I feel like wood trim looks better when your style is country, or its a cabin in the woods or a very high end home with custom panelling in wood, etc. To each their own!! ;)

• Monica Siebe
    Autor original
    hace 7 años
    sharlown..I completely agree!
  • sofikbr
    hace 7 años

I don't like wood everywhere but I think white kitchen and white trim and stain staircase darker? Also white kitchen looks so much better with nice bright back splash

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.