Houzz Logo Print
lyndajsoria4

window coverings

lyndajsoria4
hace 7 años

I have a 1951 house, the inset depth of my windows is 2 inches. I would like to put up blinds. do you know of anyone who makes a small headrail?

Comentarios (4)

• PRO
    Debbie Mauro @ Closet Factory (Colorado)
    hace 7 años

the headrail size depends on the type of "blinds" you're looking for. It sounds like you may be looking for 2" wood/faux wood blinds and I don't know of a manufacturer with a headrail smaller that the slat size. Have you considered honeycomb/cellular shades? The rails there depend on the size of the cell. You should be able to do a 3/8' or 3/4" cell and still have the headrail within the window sill. Just make sure you talk to the provider about the size of the rail vs the style of lifting system because that makes a big difference.

• PRO
    User
    hace 7 años

Great question!

You have many options for an inside mount with a depth of 2”. One option you can do is use a 2” wood or Faux Wood blind. The headrail is slightly larger than 2” so what we can do is make the valance a little wider than the blind and add ½” returns to the valance to cover the ends of the brackets to give the blind a custom made look and still show off your trim.

Also most Honeycomb Shades will fit easily in that depth.

You may also be able to do Shutters as an inside mount depending on the actual widow.

I hope this answers your questions and gives you different decorating options for your home

• PRO
    Universal Blinds Canada
    hace 7 años

The blinds with the lowest profile head rails are Roman Shades, and honeycomb shades, especially the Smartfit shade by Norman blinds.

Although saying this I always believe when your deciding on the window covering(s) for your home you should always start by determining the function first, i.e. do you need daytime privacy, sun/heat control, room darkening etc... Once you know this then you can determine the best product that will provide the light control, style and accommodate your 2" clearance.

Many blinds such as the Silhouette shades have a modern, decorative headrail and can be mounted in as little as 1 1/2".

Silhouette Blinds · Más información

• smileythecat
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

You can buy wood 1 inch blinds that would work, I installed them several times and they impressed me by how well they looked and operated. I am sorry I don't remember the maker but I installed for jcp so they would have access to that imformation.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.