Houzz Logo Print
dcarboneau

Which backsplash?

dcarboneau
hace 7 años

This granite is difficult. This is for a powder room. The one on the left is light which I'm told bathrooms look better lighter. The peach color matches with the granite. It is called Wheatfield from Arizona Tile. Would you use a field tile and just use this as a border. It seems light enough to just use this. I want to tile from underneath the window to the bottom of the floor on the one wall. Any suggestions? The walls are a diamond plaster pink, the color near the top. The white is just repair.

The other sample is more dramatic, with black and the slate stone that blends with the floor. Would you use that with a field tile?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Comentarios (14)

• Elle
    hace 7 años

Since the granite has a lot of movement and is quite dark, I would suggest going with a cream subway tile.

• Maureen
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I'm not sure if I would even add a backsplash. The granite is busy and the tile may only increase that feeling in this small room. I would use a great paint color for drama and your window is so pretty as well and it would become more of a focal point.

• dcarboneau
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Yes, I was definitely thinking about not using a backsplash. What color would you paint it? I'd like to keep that as an accent wall and paint the one wall if possible. There is a diamond plaster finish which is pinkish.

• Maureen
    hace 7 años
    Última modificación: hace 7 años

I think a small bathroom is better to be painted all the same color for continuity and flow and I would chose something with a bit of an impact, but are you saying you are keeping the plaster finish in the pink tone?

• dcarboneau
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

I don't have to. The rest of the house is the plaster with the pink tone. I could redo the bathroom with a product called Variance which is a plaster finish. Any suggestions on the color?

• PRO
    Design Line Works, LLC
    hace 7 años

If you are doing a back splash in tile I prefer the lighter of the two. Is it too late to request a matching granite splash? I would want at least a 2" splash to protect the wall from water!

• dcarboneau
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Too late for the matching granite. They wouldn't do it because the walls were crooked because of the plaster. I could have had the walls fixed but I didn't know that at the time. The plaster is completely waterproof as is the Variance. Any suggestions for color ? Would you change one wall color and leave the rest with the pink tone?

• Maureen
    hace 7 años

You may want to pick up a color from the granite and I think a mid to dark grey would be impactful. Just make sure you use a waterproof sealant between granite and wall to stop any water.

• dcarboneau
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

Yes, I think that a dark grey would be nice.

• kathleen MK
    hace 7 años
    I actually like the dark for contrast but in a solid pattern. maybe a honed dark stone tile like black tumbled marble. I would only do a small (4 inch?) border instead of a full wainscoting.
    If you can find that peachy tile in a plain solid pattern and color match the walls to it that would keep the backdrop uniform and let the stone be the star.
  • PRO
    Design Line Works, LLC
    hace 7 años

I would stick with 1 wall color in a room that small. Accent walls look dated and changing color in a room as small as a powder room tends to accentuate its small size. Remember less is more!

• dcarboneau
    Autor original
    hace 7 años

What color would you recommend?

• Maureen
    hace 7 años

Grey to compliment your granite. It's also a modern color.

España
Personalizar mi experiencia con el uso de cookies

Houzz utiliza cookies y tecnologías similares para personalizar mi experiencia, ofrecerme contenido relevante y mejorar los productos y servicios de Houzz. Al hacer clic en 'Aceptar' confirmo que estoy de acuerdo con lo antes expuesto, como se describe con más detalle en la Política de cookies de Houzz. Puedo rechazar las cookies no esenciales haciendo clic en 'Gestionar preferencias'.